Im getting my first puppy today what should i do to start its healthy life?

the puppy has none of his shots. help what do i do?

the puppy has none of his shots. help what do i do?...
    General Dog Discussions : Im getting my first puppy today what should i do to start its healthy life?...

• Im getting my first puppy today what should i do to start its healthy life?

Im getting my first puppy today what should i do to start its healthy life? General Dog Discussions
      the puppy has none of his shots. help what do i do?

Im getting my first puppy today what should i do to start its healthy life? General Dog Discussions
    • Don't take it out for walks until it has had its shots, make sure it has plenty of fresh water and food (dry food that is all one colour can help maintain health for later in its life) and most importantly, make sure to give it lots of love or it could turn out roudy or aggressive. Hope this helped!

• Take it to the vet. He/she will tell you what shots it needs, etc. If you can't afford to go to the vet, take the puppy back where you got it and don't get another one until you are financially able to take proper care of it.

• First, set up a puppy exam with your vet for as soon as you can get him or her in. Until the puppy sees the vet and gets its immunization shots, keep him or her away from other dogs or places where other dogs have gone to the bathroom to keep him from getting exposed to any illnesses. Once that's done, begin taking him out for new experiences to really socialize him well. It's really important to teach dogs how to reach to new people and situations in a good way when they are 2-4 months old. You can still socialize him after this period, but they will fall back on the lessons they learn in this 2-4 month period because they will have the strongest impact to his mind. Don't take him to places that you can't control like a dog park until you have gotten him somewhat ready to meet strange dogs. Take him places where he will have good experiences with meeting new people, and give people treats to give him so that he learns that good things come from people, and have him meet your friend's dogs if they are good with other dogs. If they aren't good with other dogs, then skip that dog--it will only teach him to fear other dogs. If you haven't already, get him a good quality puppy food like Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo, etc. I have a couple links on what makes a good dog food versus a bad one. The better foods will cost more, but ultimately, you will spend less because you will not need as much volume of food to give him the nutrients, protein, and fat that he needs to grow and be healthy, and he will in general be healthier, better immune system, poop less, etc. Bad dog foods are mostly fillers like corn meal that don't have much nutritional value for dogs. With those foods, they dog will live and even be fairly healthy, but you'll have to deal with feeding a larger amount of food, deal with bigger poops and probably more frequent poops, and may need to give him a nutritional supplement.