What does it mean when a female puppy is throwing up and has blood coming out of their vagina?

My dog is 2 in people yrs and all today she has been throwing up and having little amounts of blood come out of her vagina at a time.what could this be,should I take her to the vet or is it that she is having her period.she can't be pregnant because she…

What does it mean when a female puppy is throwing up and has blood coming out of their vagina?

My dog is 2 in people yrs and all today she has been throwing up and having little amounts of blood come out of her vagina at a time.what could this be,should I take her to the vet or is it that she is having her period.she can't be pregnant because she…...
    General Dog Discussions : What does it mean when a female puppy is throwing up and has blood coming out of their vagina?...

• What does it mean when a female puppy is throwing up and has blood coming out of their vagina?

What does it mean when a female puppy is throwing up and has blood coming out of their vagina? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is 2 in people yrs and all today she has been throwing up and having little amounts of blood come out of her vagina at a time.what could this be,should I take her to the vet or is it that she is having her period.she can't be pregnant because she was pregnant in January and she want having blood,just mucus.she is a full breed shizu

What does it mean when a female puppy is throwing up and has blood coming out of their vagina? General Dog Discussions
    • Anything that involves vomiting and blood/mucous from the vaginal area when they aren't in heat is a red flag. She very well could be in heat as many dogs come in two times a year. Could be pyometria though-a life threatening infection of the uterus that requires emergecy treatment to avoid sepsis. Purebred or not, if she's not being shown, OFA'd and proven, she shouldn't be bred. Not sure what 2 years in human years means. Is she two years old or not?