Is it normal for a puppy to throw up after vaccinations?

sorry: She ate a alot AFTER she threw up.I took my 10 week old shihtzu to get her 2nd set of shots & when she came home she threw up. This was about about an hour ago. Then she got up and started playing and biting me as usual. She also ate a lot of her…

sorry: She ate a alot AFTER she threw up.I took my 10 week old shihtzu to get her 2nd set of shots & when she came home she threw up. This was about about an hour ago. Then she got up and started playing and biting me as usual. She also ate a lot of her…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it normal for a puppy to throw up after vaccinations?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it normal for a puppy to throw up after vaccinations?

Is it normal for a puppy to throw up after vaccinations? General Dog Discussions
      sorry: She ate a alot AFTER she threw up.I took my 10 week old shihtzu to get her 2nd set of shots & when she came home she threw up. This was about about an hour ago. Then she got up and started playing and biting me as usual. She also ate a lot of her food and drank some water. Is vomiting a normal side affect of getting a dog vaccinated? I know the fatigue is normal but this was bothering me. Thanks!

Is it normal for a puppy to throw up after vaccinations? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes it is. On most cases the half dead virus's that where injected had now died and the puppies body found it as waste and throwing it up is a way of removing waste's in the puppy.Also it may have been that the dog ate too much food.

• Yes it's normal. My dog did this when she got vaccinated too, some dogs do it some dogs don't. Your vet should have told you this, mine did. Anyway don't worry, your dog will be fine. It probably ate a lot precisely because it threw up.