Why is my 4 month old chihuahua vomiting yellow stuff?

We just brought home the puppy because the previous owner didn't want to take care of it anymore. And it was doing fine the first two night, but by today, it started to vomit yellow things. Do anyone have any idea what's wrong with it and why it is doing…

We just brought home the puppy because the previous owner didn't want to take care of it anymore. And it was doing fine the first two night, but by today, it started to vomit yellow things. Do anyone have any idea what's wrong with it and why it is doing…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why is my 4 month old chihuahua vomiting yellow stuff?...

• Why is my 4 month old chihuahua vomiting yellow stuff?

Why is my 4 month old chihuahua vomiting yellow stuff? General Dog Discussions
      We just brought home the puppy because the previous owner didn't want to take care of it anymore. And it was doing fine the first two night, but by today, it started to vomit yellow things. Do anyone have any idea what's wrong with it and why it is doing it? Thanks so much :)It is eating, but after it vomited, she didn't want to eat anything.

Why is my 4 month old chihuahua vomiting yellow stuff? General Dog Discussions
    • Well my dog does that when she gets sick. We dont take her to the vet becasue we know it is form something she ate. She is probally just sick if you are very worries contact a local vet. My bet she is sick form something she ate. Like my dog did that after he ate my sock. Or it could even be as simple as flem.

• lt's yellow bile caused by a build up of stomach acids, this happens when the stomach is empty. Some dogs will throw up yellow bile on a morning after going all night without food. Try feeding the pup smaller meals spread out during the day to try and avoid an empty stomach, and provide lots of fresh water.Although if it continues you need to go see the vet, puppies can become dehydrated very quickly.

• She thought the food made her sick. Feed her some salt-free crackers until her tummy settles and then feed her more often. My 6 month old chihuahua eats 2 tablespoons full of kibble twice daily and I have to give her a tablespoon between meals or she will get stomach empty sick. Your chi is younger so she will require puppy chow and at least 3 feedings if not more.

• No way to know what is causing it- it could be stress. You should take him in for a check up anyway- all new animals in the house should see the vet within 72 hours ensure a healthy transition.