How do I know when my dog is done giving birth?

My fiance is a dog breeder, but he works third shift and he is at work so of course she had to go into labor when he is not here. She has had 8 already but has not taken a break yet. Usually the stud he uses produces big litters, up to twelve. Do they…

My fiance is a dog breeder, but he works third shift and he is at work so of course she had to go into labor when he is not here. She has had 8 already but has not taken a break yet. Usually the stud he uses produces big litters, up to twelve. Do they…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I know when my dog is done giving birth?...

• How do I know when my dog is done giving birth?

How do I know when my dog is done giving birth? General Dog Discussions
      My fiance is a dog breeder, but he works third shift and he is at work so of course she had to go into labor when he is not here. She has had 8 already but has not taken a break yet. Usually the stud he uses produces big litters, up to twelve. Do they expel an afterbirth at the end? Or do they expel one after each puppy? HELP!

How do I know when my dog is done giving birth? General Dog Discussions
    • One after each puppy - and she should be allowed to eat it - this stimulates milk production and provides her with good nourishment too. Don't interfere too much with the process - especially if its not her first litter - she will know what to do. Have the mergency vet number to hand for any problems. Good luck.

• The ONLY way to truly know is to have a vet check her out I have been breeding dogs for 10 years (top show dogs, we have gone to westminster for the last 5 years!) even when a bitch "looks" done she could still have one or a placenta still in there you MUST go to a vet!