What is the CAUSE of canine liver disease?

My beloved labrador, Roscoe passed on suddenly because of this horrible disease. I took him to the vet and he had to be put down. This was 3 years ago, but it still hurts me to think about it. I have now moved on though and bought a wonderful AmBull…

My beloved labrador, Roscoe passed on suddenly because of this horrible disease. I took him to the vet and he had to be put down. This was 3 years ago, but it still hurts me to think about it. I have now moved on though and bought a wonderful AmBull…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the CAUSE of canine liver disease?...

• What is the CAUSE of canine liver disease?

What is the CAUSE of canine liver disease? General Dog Discussions
      My beloved labrador, Roscoe passed on suddenly because of this horrible disease. I took him to the vet and he had to be put down. This was 3 years ago, but it still hurts me to think about it. I have now moved on though and bought a wonderful AmBull puppy. But what is the cause of this disease and how can it be prevented? I have done research but not been able to find the cause. Thank you and God bless you!

What is the CAUSE of canine liver disease? General Dog Discussions
    • Sometimes it is congenital due to a shunt. Sometimes it is a met from another cancerous organ. Cirrhosis is more common in older dogs. Poisoning is another issue too.At such a young age, I would assume it was a birth defect called a liver shunt, but you may never know why for sure.

• canine liver decease causes a lot of different factors and conditions..drugs and other toxins causes the weakening of the liver in our dog.other came from the medicines we give on them such as strong antibiotics,worming and other medicine to prevent seizures..to prevent these,give enough supplements such as VITA E...or any organic or herbal detoxifying supplements...on my dogs i give them a treatment of liver wash for 10 days every six months....to cleanse the toxins...