My pug has some serious rotten horrible breath, but he HATES those little bones for cleaning?

what else can I do to help is breath (seriously it is horrible)PS. April fools! I asked a real non-troll question!

My pug has some serious rotten horrible breath, but he HATES those little bones for cleaning?

what else can I do to help is breath (seriously it is horrible)PS. April fools! I asked a real non-troll question!...
    General Dog Discussions : My pug has some serious rotten horrible breath, but he HATES those little bones for cleaning?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My pug has some serious rotten horrible breath, but he HATES those little bones for cleaning?

My pug has some serious rotten horrible breath, but he HATES those little bones for cleaning? General Dog Discussions
      what else can I do to help is breath (seriously it is horrible)PS. April fools! I asked a real non-troll question!

My pug has some serious rotten horrible breath, but he HATES those little bones for cleaning? General Dog Discussions
    • Have your vet look to see that his teeth and gums are in good condition. The vet can clean his teeth. You can brush your dogs teeth. There are a variety of products at pet stores to help you maintain your dog's dental health.

• Wow - A real question, Zorro!?Then here is my real answer :) ... As one other person suggested - first have a vet look at his teeth.You may even need to book a 'dental clean' initially.However - The best thing for keeping teeth and gums in healthy condition is feeding raw meaty bones.I have never had a dog with bad breath or rotten teeth.I have also never had a dog that has needed the vet to clean his teeth.This is because I have always fed raw meaty bones, from the beginning, as puppies.The best bone to feed is soft digestible bone, not hard weight bearing bone.(Only raw bone, never cooked).For small dogs you can feed chicken necks, or the smaller thin end of a turkey neck.Chicken wings are also great, but fatty (because of the skin).Lamb flaps are also good.As are lamb necks, but they may be a bit large?Rabbit (any part).Beef brisket is another cut, with good digestible bone.The theory behind chewing on digestible bone is that as the dog gnaws and chews, the teeth are scraped along and even through, the soft bone, and the tartar is therefore scraped off during the action of feeding.No tartar = healthy teeth and gums, which = nice breath!!With softer digestible bone - The tooth can actually penetrate the bone, scraping all the way up to the gum line.Where as with hard bone (or larger animals weight bearing bone) this cannot happen, so it is slightly less effective at cleaning, and also carries the risk of tooth wear or chipping.Note - If the dog eats a raw meaty bone etc, it is more than just a 'treat' or dental aid.It can actually substitute/replace a meal.As the meat is protein, and the digestible bone is a great source of calcium etc.