My puppy seems to has swallowed a foreign object or bone. She now at times chokes. Any ideas to clear it?

It comes and goes, and doesn't seem life threatening? She eats fine and it clears itself then returns.

My puppy seems to has swallowed a foreign object or bone. She now at times chokes. Any ideas to clear it?

It comes and goes, and doesn't seem life threatening? She eats fine and it clears itself then returns....
    General Dog Discussions : My puppy seems to has swallowed a foreign object or bone. She now at times chokes. Any ideas to clear it?...

• My puppy seems to has swallowed a foreign object or bone. She now at times chokes. Any ideas to clear it?

My puppy seems to has swallowed a foreign object or bone. She now at times chokes. Any ideas to clear it? General Dog Discussions
      It comes and goes, and doesn't seem life threatening? She eats fine and it clears itself then returns.

My puppy seems to has swallowed a foreign object or bone. She now at times chokes. Any ideas to clear it? General Dog Discussions
    • This could be serious. You should take her to the vet to get x-rayed. If she has swallowed a bone then there's a possibility that it may splinter and this can tear apart her digestive tract. Please, don't just ignore this because it comes and goes. There's obviously something wrong with your dog.

• First of all she shouldn't have access to bones, they are so dangerous.My dog got a deer vertebra wedged INTO her jaw between her rear teeth and jaw (the empty space where humans would have wisdom teeth). It took me and two guys holding her mouth open and one of the guys pulled as hard as he could to get it out of her jaw. Needless to say, she was bleeding but very happy that it was out, as it was gagging her and effecting her breathing.Now...for you... you need to feel along her throat. Can you feel any obstruction from the outside? Also open her mouth, as wide as you can, if you have a mini mag flashlight use that to look into her throat. If you cant see or feel anything yet she is still choking then you def, need to get her to a vet.P.S. don't try to force the bone or object further down by using a hose or water or anything. If it's jagged it could cut anything it comes into contact with and she could bleed out/die.