My nine week old puppy ate packaging peanuts?

he is a small nearly 2kg puppy. nine weeks old and is jac russell x pomeranian. i was walking him outside and i saw him chewing on something on the round. i checked his mouth and before i can grab it out it was already way down his mouth. i THINK it was…

he is a small nearly 2kg puppy. nine weeks old and is jac russell x pomeranian. i was walking him outside and i saw him chewing on something on the round. i checked his mouth and before i can grab it out it was already way down his mouth. i THINK it was…...
    General Dog Discussions : My nine week old puppy ate packaging peanuts?...

• My nine week old puppy ate packaging peanuts?

My nine week old puppy ate packaging peanuts? General Dog Discussions
      he is a small nearly 2kg puppy. nine weeks old and is jac russell x pomeranian. i was walking him outside and i saw him chewing on something on the round. i checked his mouth and before i can grab it out it was already way down his mouth. i THINK it was packaging peanut. should i visit the vet, or wait for symptoms?

My nine week old puppy ate packaging peanuts? General Dog Discussions
    • I would say wait for symptoms. But I have a large dog who eats almost everything (he chewed and swallowed pieces of the carpets, my sons toys, the tv remot control, and all passed in his stool!!!)The vet himself will look for symptoms, or else will send you back home maybe with some food advice. So check if the dog has temprature, becomes lathergic, vomits, stops eating or playing or doesn't poop. If none of that happens he's probably fine and it will pass.

• You can either call the ASPCA animal poison control (for a consult $65) as I have no IDEA what chemicals they use to make that stuff (and pup might have ingested) or you can wait for symptoms - your choice.