MY DOG JUST SWALLOWED THE RUBBER PART ON THE EARPHONES. IS HE GOING TO BE OKAY?

My 6 month toy poodle just swallowed that rubber part on the earphones. (the rubber where it goes into your ears) he only swallowed one little piece but he is about 4 pounds. So I am really worried. Is it going to be okay or should I take him to vet…

My 6 month toy poodle just swallowed that rubber part on the earphones. (the rubber where it goes into your ears) he only swallowed one little piece but he is about 4 pounds. So I am really worried. Is it going to be okay or should I take him to vet…...
    General Dog Discussions : MY DOG JUST SWALLOWED THE RUBBER PART ON THE EARPHONES. IS HE GOING TO BE OKAY?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MY DOG JUST SWALLOWED THE RUBBER PART ON THE EARPHONES. IS HE GOING TO BE OKAY?

MY DOG JUST SWALLOWED THE RUBBER PART ON THE EARPHONES. IS HE GOING TO BE OKAY? General Dog Discussions
      My 6 month toy poodle just swallowed that rubber part on the earphones. (the rubber where it goes into your ears) he only swallowed one little piece but he is about 4 pounds. So I am really worried. Is it going to be okay or should I take him to vet ASAP? Please, for the sake of my dog and me, dont give me false answers or make jokes out of this question because I am very worried right now!

MY DOG JUST SWALLOWED THE RUBBER PART ON THE EARPHONES. IS HE GOING TO BE OKAY? General Dog Discussions
    • Nature will takes its course over the next day or so. Just keep on eye on your dog, make sure he DOES go to the toilet, and if there is any sign of him struggling, like he can't go, get him to a vet asap as there may be a blockage.For your own peace of mind, ring your vets and explain what happened. I'm sure they would give you a list of things to look out for.

• God love ya!!! You must be a bag of worries.Puppies eat EVERYTHING - like EVERYTHING.Sometimes it can turn out bad, other times it just passes straight through them.As a responsible owner, a vet trip should be done if possible - just to be sure. But wait until he shows signs of distress. If he can't eat, or drink and his breathing seems heavy - thats a sure sign of something stuck. If he seems happy as usual then don't worry until he starts coughing or again turning down food etc.As an extra precaution do a quick scan of his poop when you're cleaning up after him. It's rubber so I highly doubt it will digest. It may be worth noting for the same reason that it may just sit in his tummy and not come out at all which will cause problems.Best move all round is to call your vet, explain the situation, and tell them you'd like to bring him in for an x-ray. (Don't just land up cause they'll take your money, tell you he needs an x-ray and ask you to come back tomorrow for another handy fee) They'll also advise you of anything to watch out for and if he should be okay.Poor lil tyke! I've got small guys too - I know how worrying it is when they do something stupid! Hope he's alright!

• It should be ok. But if your that worried, call the vet and see what they say. You should also keep a good eye on that dog. Never know what else he'll start swallowing.Hope this helps! :D

• Don't worry, be happy.Seriously though, your dog'll be fine. My little Mini Fox Terrier cross ate my earphone, including some of the wires, and it just passed through the next day.

• Puppies have a habit of eating things that they shouldn’t. Most of the time, things like this will just pass harmlessly through your dog. Keep an eye on your dog, if he starts acting strange, has diarrhea for more then 24 hours or if he has diarrhea and vomiting, and then take him to your vet. If your dog does vomit look to see if the object has been regurgitated.