Is it alright for puppies to eat human food?

My dog really wants to some of my food, but i dont no should i feed him?

My dog really wants to some of my food, but i dont no should i feed him?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it alright for puppies to eat human food?...

• Is it alright for puppies to eat human food?

Is it alright for puppies to eat human food? General Dog Discussions
      My dog really wants to some of my food, but i dont no should i feed him?

Is it alright for puppies to eat human food? General Dog Discussions
    • Usually "people food" has stuff in it that puppies can't digest or it just causes problems for them. By the way, have you ever seen a dog that doesn't want "people food?" Most dogs seem to want to eat anything. Stick with puppy chow.

• A little bit on occasion is fine. But no sugar, sugar gives dogs worms. Puppy food is really best because it has all the nutrients he needs. Also if you don't want him to beg for food then I would advise you don't feed him food. But it's really up to you.

• Human food is a pretty vague term.You don't want to feed him anything too rich or processed. But wholesome and plain foods are fine - bits of meat and veggies without much sauce or seasoning are perfectly healthy.

• Why not? I mainly feed my dog regular dog food, but once in awhile, I will give him a piece of chicken or bologna. There even been a few occasions where he'll even eat broccoli or carrots. That's very seldom though.

• NO!!! i am telling u because i DID this with my dog and he got real sick he could not poo so we had to take him to a veteranwere they stuck something to check his temperature upon his ass (which made him cry) and they put him a shot SHORT WORDS NOU WILL MAKE UR DOG SICK

• it depends on what your thinking of giving him dogs are not suppose to have chocolate. i feed my dog human food all the time but just a little here and there because if you give them too much food at once if there not use to it it could give them the runs and that's not fun for anyone. chicken beef really any meat is ok cheese really anything you wanna give him.

• Very little wont hurt the dog, but you still shouldn't. Unless you want the dog to learn at an early age [ hey if I beg I get food ] I just wouldn't. People say its so bad for them, and I don't know. For years my grandparents let their dogs clean their plates/pots after dinner. The dogs knew they had to wait. Dogs were NEVER sick all lived to be 15/16, and they still do it with current dogs. I think it also depends on what you give them. I don't give it to my dog. Unless it's peanut butter or fresh grilled chicken with no salt's etc...So advice would be no avoid giving the pup table food.

• No, dont give into your dogs begging. Your going to create a bad habit by giving your dog YOUR food, after its clearly begging which is unacceptable behavior. Your dog should not be around your food, while your eating. Your dog is clearly placing himself next to you while you eat because, one: he doesnt have respect, and two: hes not properly trained. Your dog should have dog food, with and acception of your scraps mixed in with his food. Your dog needs rules, boundaries, and limitations. You should claim your space while you eat, untill your dog submits, and gives you distance. Your dog must know his limits.

• http://www.treshanley.com/cic/dangerousfoods.htmlIf it's on that list, don't give it to him.However, I feed my dogs things like carrots and green beans. They love them. Regular from my plate food is an absolute no though.

• base on my own experience on my first dog.. i always feed her with human food ... and she liked it a lot.. but after 5 years .. the effect came in. and vet said that my dog didn't get all the nutrition she should get from "DOG FOOD"... so my dog died... now, lesson learned.. i never feed my dog with a human food. =)

• No you can not feed any animal people food it shortens their life by a lot of years and its not healthy for them if you have to because you have no food for the animal you can use bread to feed them its easy to digest.

• Its alright if they have human food but i have two dogs and now that i have gaven them my human food they dont want dog food. so i would not recomend you give the puppie human food.