HOW LONG DOES IT AKE FOR A DOG TO PASS THE GOLFBALLED SIZED MEMBRANE?

My dog is in labor, and my vet called, he is out on an emergency call, and he has no vet techs today, because its Sunday. He told me to look into her vagina and see if the membrane is being passed because she was shivering. I looked and about an inch in,…

My dog is in labor, and my vet called, he is out on an emergency call, and he has no vet techs today, because its Sunday. He told me to look into her vagina and see if the membrane is being passed because she was shivering. I looked and about an inch in,…...
    General Dog Discussions : HOW LONG DOES IT AKE FOR A DOG TO PASS THE GOLFBALLED SIZED MEMBRANE?...

• HOW LONG DOES IT AKE FOR A DOG TO PASS THE GOLFBALLED SIZED MEMBRANE?

HOW LONG DOES IT AKE FOR A DOG TO PASS THE GOLFBALLED SIZED MEMBRANE? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is in labor, and my vet called, he is out on an emergency call, and he has no vet techs today, because its Sunday. He told me to look into her vagina and see if the membrane is being passed because she was shivering. I looked and about an inch in, a white colored thing was blocking her hole. I sat with her for half an our. How long does this process take? Can I help her?

HOW LONG DOES IT AKE FOR A DOG TO PASS THE GOLFBALLED SIZED MEMBRANE? General Dog Discussions
    • If she's had a white colored thing blocking her "hole" for at least 30 minutes then you have a stuck pup, and probably dead. Get her to a vet NOW before your female is dead too.

• The second stage usually begins with a rather clear, or mucous-like discharge from the vulva. In the second stage of labor contractions should start. There will be more discharge, and the presentation of a round golf-ball size membrane sack of water. Some Vets recommend not letting her puncture this sac. This is the protective sac that the puppy is in. After presentation of this sac, the puppy could be out in about 30min. If Dam continues to strain hard for longer than 45 min. on a single puppy, it is wise to call your Vet. (remember there should never be time limits, as every situation is different. It is always Best to call your Vet and do what He/She recommends..

• http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al.JoJuxxUgWFNRkVIcdrXnsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20111030054907AAH1ZpeRemember this question? Well, that was at least two hours ago. Your Vet may be out on an emergency, but your case is also an emergency. Prepare yourself for a c-section. Call the Vet back NOW and tell him it's been over 2 hours!

• Oh heavens - hasn't this poor b itch delivered her litter YET. Please get in your car with a friend to watch your b itch, and a box with a warm bottle in it in case a puppy arrives during the journey to the vet, and have THEM whelp your b itch. This has been going on for quite long enough.And this is only the first puppy!!! Do NOT allow her to go on struggling, having strong contractions, for much longer than 1 hour. This puppy may be too big to be delivered, could be breach, which may need experienced assistance to get it out or the puppy will die from oxygen starvation. The experienced breeder will know how to assist the puppy out into the world, with every contraction in a downward direction, but I hesitate to suggest you do this, for fear you tear something.If you don't get this puppy out, within the hour, you risk losing all the other puppies waiting to come through the birth canal, and probably mum as well.MOVE!! If your regular vet can't help - call an Emergency number.Add - 10 minutes ago you were on here answering a q. about wolves. What's going on?