Would a westie be the right dog for me?

I am getting a puppy soon, and I think I want a westie. I want a dog who would want to walk with me once or twice a day, but can also be a couch potato and just watch TV with me. I also want it to be very affectionate. [I'm a girl, so I would love…

I am getting a puppy soon, and I think I want a westie. I want a dog who would want to walk with me once or twice a day, but can also be a couch potato and just watch TV with me. I also want it to be very affectionate. [I'm a girl, so I would love…...
    General Dog Discussions : Would a westie be the right dog for me?...

• Would a westie be the right dog for me?

Would a westie be the right dog for me? General Dog Discussions
      I am getting a puppy soon, and I think I want a westie. I want a dog who would want to walk with me once or twice a day, but can also be a couch potato and just watch TV with me. I also want it to be very affectionate. [I'm a girl, so I would love snuggling up with it xD] Can you guys give me some facts/tips about westies?

Would a westie be the right dog for me? General Dog Discussions
    • They are a nice breed but require brushing and regular bathing.They do have some hereditary problems so make sure you get one from a reputable registered breeder as you do not want these problems which result in high vet bills also a good one is not cheap so be prepared to foot out a lot of money.Remember it is a terrier and all that means which is what it was bred for and if you do not know check up on this on the internet or the AKC website if in the States.If you are looking for a lounge lizard as l call them that require little maintenance,only short walks and just loves to hang around looking pretty go for a pug or a Chihuahua or some really quiet non active breed that appeals to you in both looks and temperament and you can do this by visiting the AKC website which has every dog possible listed their traits etc.Terriers need plenty of exercise as they were bred to go down rabbit holes and chase and kill so revise your decision if you can

• any dog will walk with you and sit on the couch as long as you have food i think that just because you want a certan breed dosn't mean it's the right one for you you never know the best thing to do is leave your options open see what other kinds of dogs you want. the reason why i say that is because i was going to get a great dane but every where i looked people said are you sure because people say they want that dog but in the end they what a diffrent one i keep my opions opened and i found a pom he is the best i hope you'll find the right mabe it will be a westie mabe it we'll be somthing else you never know.

• A westie is not a couch potato dog. I have an 8 month old male and he has TONS of energy. He can go from sitting on the floor to jumping 5 feet high in seconds. They are very affectionate, bark moderately, hunt alot (mine caught a baby bird and mouse in one day), and do not like cats at all. I love my westie and wouldnt trade him for anything.. but if you are wanting a couch potato dog.. Id go with a shih tzu or pekingese or something.