My cat recently had kittens and she has wounds we think he milk sack may have burst?

This might seem a little silly but it is no laughing matter. My cat had kittens a few weeks ago but one of the kittens died last week because he was sick. The nipple he always fed from never stopped producing milk and got very full and painful, like a…

My cat recently had kittens and she has wounds we think he milk sack may have burst?

This might seem a little silly but it is no laughing matter. My cat had kittens a few weeks ago but one of the kittens died last week because he was sick. The nipple he always fed from never stopped producing milk and got very full and painful, like a…...
    General Dog Discussions : My cat recently had kittens and she has wounds we think he milk sack may have burst?...

• My cat recently had kittens and she has wounds we think he milk sack may have burst?

My cat recently had kittens and she has wounds we think he milk sack may have burst? General Dog Discussions
      This might seem a little silly but it is no laughing matter. My cat had kittens a few weeks ago but one of the kittens died last week because he was sick. The nipple he always fed from never stopped producing milk and got very full and painful, like a cow when it hasn't been milked in a while. A day or two ago I noticed the pressure on it was gone and figured it must have gone away or one of the other kittens drank some and helped drain it but today I picked her up and saw small holes in the vicinity of it! I've very worried about her. I think her milk sack (for lack of a better word) may have burst and caused the holes? Help please someone tell me if this is possible or what else it might be and what to do [And we can't afford to take her to the vet please no suggestions like that]

My cat recently had kittens and she has wounds we think he milk sack may have burst? General Dog Discussions
    • http://www.cat-world.com.au/mastitis-in-catsWhat this site doesn't say is that they can burst. I had a dog once that had mastitis. She had been bottle fed since birth and was blind. She killed her puppies and we did not know until the boob burst that she had mastitis and that was why she killed her puppies, (she didn't kill them on purpose, just when they tried to nurse that boob, it caused pain and she would snap-remember she couldn't see)

• No one here can tell what is wrong with your cat - other than to say that this is NOT normal, and is going to lead to a serious infection. You didn't bother getting her spayed, one kitten has died from an unknown cause, and now she's got some sort of serious infection of one of her mammary glands. Take the poor cat to the shelter - with a pet comes the financial responsibility for that pet - and that includes getting them spayed, and providing vet care when they need it.