Why is my 3 month old chocolate lab puppy getting a white tail?

It is like the hairs underneath are becoming white, so if you see the undercolor of the hair in its tail, it is white. It is just the tail. She bites it all the time, could this have something to do with it?

It is like the hairs underneath are becoming white, so if you see the undercolor of the hair in its tail, it is white. It is just the tail. She bites it all the time, could this have something to do with it? ...
    General Dog Discussions : Why is my 3 month old chocolate lab puppy getting a white tail?...

• Why is my 3 month old chocolate lab puppy getting a white tail?

Why is my 3 month old chocolate lab puppy getting a white tail? General Dog Discussions
      It is like the hairs underneath are becoming white, so if you see the undercolor of the hair in its tail, it is white. It is just the tail. She bites it all the time, could this have something to do with it?

Why is my 3 month old chocolate lab puppy getting a white tail? General Dog Discussions
    • It could be from a bite.My Cattle Dog is primarily black, although on her tail, it's a pale cream color, almost white. She'd never bitten her tail, and whenever we shave her for the summer, it grows back black, but overtime it'll pale.

• I gotta say that is a little odd. The white on the tail not the puppy biting it. I have 2 chocolate labs and both now have white around the eyes and mouth. And my female is blond on her belly. But they both have papers and are suppose to be purebred chocolate labs. Maybe dogs are kinda like people, when a person has a birth mark on their head it goes hair of a different color sometimes. Maybe your dog has a birth mark :)

• My husbands dog is a pure chocolate and when she was young her tail tip went white. After awhile she got more white on her chest. We don't know why this happened because she is still young but the vet told him not to worry about it. Now that she is older her whole belly and chest are white as well as hafl of her tail. It has never bothered or hurt her and it gives her a distinguished look.