Can my dog impregnate if...?

Both of his testicles since birth have yet to drop, when we took him to the vet he said we didn't have to worry about him impregnating other dogs, but I've read differently online can someone please verify this for me? If its needed my dog is about 1…

Both of his testicles since birth have yet to drop, when we took him to the vet he said we didn't have to worry about him impregnating other dogs, but I've read differently online can someone please verify this for me? If its needed my dog is about 1…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can my dog impregnate if...?...

• Can my dog impregnate if...?

Can my dog impregnate if...? General Dog Discussions
      Both of his testicles since birth have yet to drop, when we took him to the vet he said we didn't have to worry about him impregnating other dogs, but I've read differently online can someone please verify this for me? If its needed my dog is about 1 and a half years old maybe a little older.

Can my dog impregnate if...? General Dog Discussions
    • His testicles should have been visible since shortly after birth. If his testicles have still not descended then he has a condition called cryptorchidism, which can lead to certain types of cancers. You really should get him neutered. Since your dog is bilaterally cryptorchid he is sterile; however, you should have him neutered for his health and wellbeing.

• Either your dog is a bilateral cryptorchid or he simply has no testicles. In either case, if both testicles are retained, then he will probably be sterile as the body's heat will not allow sperm to survive. However, that is not 100% guaranteed.More importantly, your dog needs to be castrated asap as any retained testicle/s is at high risk of becoming cancerous at any time. Also, a dog that has retained testicles will pass this onto any puppies as it is hereditary. NO dog should be bred it if does not have two fully descended, apparently normal testicles.#AT 18 months of age, his testicles will never now drop.

• No, he is cryptorchid. However you should have already had him neutered. He is at high risk of developing cancer.If the testicles have not dropped at 1.5 years of age they are never going to drop and neutering a cryptorchid dog is a more intensive surgery than a normal neuter.Have him neutered ASAP.