Dog Pregnancy!!!!!!!?

Our hound dog got pregnant a while back... its noticable now. She started to produce milk today. What is the cut off date for a doggy abortion? Also how long between first milk production and the birth of the pups?Just to clarify, I don't want the…

Dog Pregnancy!!!!!!!?

Our hound dog got pregnant a while back... its noticable now. She started to produce milk today. What is the cut off date for a doggy abortion? Also how long between first milk production and the birth of the pups?Just to clarify, I don't want the…...
    General Dog Discussions : Dog Pregnancy!!!!!!!?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dog Pregnancy!!!!!!!?

Dog Pregnancy!!!!!!!? General Dog Discussions
      Our hound dog got pregnant a while back... its noticable now. She started to produce milk today. What is the cut off date for a doggy abortion? Also how long between first milk production and the birth of the pups?Just to clarify, I don't want the abortion, my mom does... I believe that everything has a right to live... Also, what signs should I look for to show when she is about to give birthWe also dont know exactly when or who impregnated her... shes a ranch dog, so theres about 5-6 different dogs, some from us some from our neighbors who could have done this...to the person who said im a child, Im 15 and a half... old enough to drive in over 40 states... and shes my dog. I didnt allow her to breed, she ran off, and bred, cause we dont keep her chained up so that she will protect stuff

Dog Pregnancy!!!!!!!?

Dog Pregnancy!!!!!!!? General Dog Discussions
    • It depends on the vet, but I wouldnt recomend aborting this late, for one, they are far enough along that they can feel and be viable, its like partial birth abortion at this point. Usually this far a vet wont do it but some will, there arent laws about it like there are for humans, so it depends on the vet's ethical view on it. From first milk production to birth you probably have a week at most, maybe a day or two more but thats it. I would start getting a whelping box together if I were you and be ready to have pups.

• If her milk is already in chances are she doesn't have long to go and I certainly hope no vet would abort the puppies at this stage because it is murder

• Why would you want to terminate the pregnancy at this stage? You should have spayed your dog before she got pregnant. As for the milk production, not unlike human pregnancies, it doesn't tell us how many weeks she's pregnant. It could be anything from a day to a month.

• Most vets won't abort the puppies at this stage. A dog is pregnant for about 60 days, so if you know about when she was impregnated, count 60 days and you'll have an approximate due date. And once your vet gives you the ok, have her spayed immediately. Don't risk another pregnancy and 6 to 8 more puppies that need homes.Edit- Please get all your ranch dogs spayed/castrated. There is no need to have 5-6 dogs running around reproducing. And how old is your dog?? If she's older, her natural instincts will kick in. She'll start making a nest and may stop or slow down eating. If possible, put her some place where she'll feel safe and where the other dogs can't irritate her. Give her a comfy bed and keep an eye on her- she should be able to do the rest on her own. But if she's in labor for an extended period of time w/no puppies coming or there is a large break between puppies- take her to the vet. Better to be safe than sorry.Sorry to say but you are still a kid and yes you DID allow her to breed by not spaying her. If she's allowed to run and she's a working ranch dog, then you need to have her spayed or every time she goes into heat, you'll end up w/another litter of puppies.

• So all those pups have a chance at life, right? Half of them will have found their ways to shelters and euthanasia before they even turn one! Should have thought about that before allowing her to breed. Also, you are CHILD, and you have no day in this. Your MOM wants the abortion/spay done, then it gets done.