Can a large dog impregnate a chihuahua?

I got a puppy and he's 6 weeks old, tiny as can be. For some reason he reminds me of a pitbull! He has a white streak on his chest and a rinklely jaw. Can he be part of a large dog? The mom weighed about 8 pounds and had 3 puppies, she is perfectly…

I got a puppy and he's 6 weeks old, tiny as can be. For some reason he reminds me of a pitbull! He has a white streak on his chest and a rinklely jaw. Can he be part of a large dog? The mom weighed about 8 pounds and had 3 puppies, she is perfectly…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can a large dog impregnate a chihuahua?...

• Can a large dog impregnate a chihuahua?

Can a large dog impregnate a chihuahua? General Dog Discussions
      I got a puppy and he's 6 weeks old, tiny as can be. For some reason he reminds me of a pitbull! He has a white streak on his chest and a rinklely jaw. Can he be part of a large dog? The mom weighed about 8 pounds and had 3 puppies, she is perfectly healthy.Here is a picture, tell me what you think he could be! Thanks!http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/june2006_2006/Puppywithoutaname077.jpghealthy meaning, no complications and no health problems. Thanks for you concerns, I know he is young, but where they were selling him, I knew someone else would have bought him if I didn't and I know how to care for him, he's eating formula and some puppy food. If he looks big, it's just the pic, he's about the size of two fists! Lol, I totally thought he was a chocolate lab too, but he's half chihuahua, funny huh? Cairn terrier? I think his fur is too soft for that, and his mom was black with brown eyes so he got his green eyes and red fur from the mystery dad.

Can a large dog impregnate a chihuahua? General Dog Discussions
    • Well from the picture it doesn't look like a pit bull but it is very possible for a large dog to mate with a tiny dog like a Chihuahua. It is possible but its very dangerous especially when it is the small dog giving birth. It can actually kill the small dog b/c the puppy's may be to big for her to carry and the end results can very much be death.

• It's not likely, and the mother most certainly would have died.Looking at that pup, and assuming the mother is a purebred Chihauhua, I would assume myself that some small terrier is the father of those babies. Maybe a Cairn Terrier?

• He's really cute, whatever he is! I love the color. Now for the bad news: It doesn't matter how healthy the mom is, whoever sold you this puppy was completely irresponsible in letting him go this young. He's at least 4 weeks younger than most vets recommend letting him go.The reason I mention this is you need to get him vet-checked asap. If the person you got him from doesn't even know who the father was, there are so many diseases he's at risk of I can't even list them all. It's not scare tactics, since many are minor, but I'd get him to a vet no later than Monday. With a puppy this tiny, too much can go wrong quickly.

• Chihuahua puppys are very tiny so for a 6 week old chihhuahua he sure looks very large. In that particular picture he looks like a chocolate lab puppy but as to what he could be mixed with idk. Maybe it'll become more clear when he gets older. I've seen a chihuahua/pitbull mix but the owner explained that the pitbull lied on her back and the chihuahua got her. I doubt a large dog can impregnate a chihuahua tho, he'd kill her!

• No reputable breeder breeds mutts. It's against the law to release a pup to it's new home before it's at least 8 weeks old. Take the pup back and turn the unreputable backyard greeder into your local animal control department.

• Awwww he's soooo cute:). Yes it is possible if the male is the smaller breed and mum is the larger cz otherwise she'll die cz the babies will be to big for her. He reminds me of a choc labrador...soooo cute.