My dog is pregnant. does the father HAVE to get a puppy if his owner wants one?

but b4 u answer the question here is the situation. I have this neighbor that loves my dog and always let them play together. When I am with her and her dog tries too hump my dog, she tells her dog no and too stop, and he does. My dog was in heat and my…

but b4 u answer the question here is the situation. I have this neighbor that loves my dog and always let them play together. When I am with her and her dog tries too hump my dog, she tells her dog no and too stop, and he does. My dog was in heat and my…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog is pregnant. does the father HAVE to get a puppy if his owner wants one?...

• My dog is pregnant. does the father HAVE to get a puppy if his owner wants one?

My dog is pregnant. does the father HAVE to get a puppy if his owner wants one? General Dog Discussions
      but b4 u answer the question here is the situation. I have this neighbor that loves my dog and always let them play together. When I am with her and her dog tries too hump my dog, she tells her dog no and too stop, and he does. My dog was in heat and my friends dog (which is a male) came over too play with her. MY friends dog is neutered, and he was stuck inside of my dog, at first i didn't know if that was normal but i looked it up an it is. they were stuck about 10 Min's b4 my neighbor notices and says that it takes them 15-20 Min's too untie because that happens with my neighbors dog and my dog. but i was unaware of this fact. She purposely impregnated my dog and she is telling me that she wants one (she requested a puppy weeks before my dog was even pregnant) so that's how i know she did it on purpose. I couldn't control it because. i get home late around 5pm. but everyone else in my house gets home around 3pm. My brother always lets my dog outside too play in the yard, and whenever i would get in my neighborhood from a distance i would see my neighbor leaving my yard and going back too her house after she had walked her dog. So basically she knew my dog was pregnant before anyone, because she knew my dog was in heat, and she still let her dog hump her. now my dog is going too have 6 or more puppies, and this is a tough time right now because of all of the holidays, and we just spent thousands of dollars on mandatory work on our house. and all of these puppies that are expected doesn't help our budget. but she wants a puppy, but we still have too pay for all of the medical work that has too be done. I am not sure i want too give her a puppy, I'd sell her a puppy but I wouldn't give it too her for free because, we are paying the price because she wanted one puppy. Nd recently I've been infromed that my dog wasn't the first that she tried too get pregnant in my neighborhood (well in my dog's case gotten pregnant) Well the real question is, is there a law that the fathers owner is inclined too have at least one puppy? and i would like too know your point of view on the situation, and what would you do?some people misunderstood me, I said my friends dog is neutered, not my neighbors dog. and the reason i added this was, because if my neighbor didn't inform me that the same thing happened with her dog(the tying) she knows that when i found out my dog was pregnant i would have just assumed it was my friends dogs puppies and something went wrong when they tried too neuter my friends dog. because i was there when my friends dog and my dog was tied and that would be the only knowledge i know of my dog getting tied at all. Since i was uninformed about my neighbors dog tying with my dog.i mention 2 different dogs a neutered dog which is my friends. and a dog that isn't neutered, which is the father of my dogs puppies. and when i mentioned these 2 dogs i said my neighbor noticed my FRIENDS DOG STUCK IN MY DOG. and that is when she informed me that it "HAPPENS" to her dog nd my dog. Not once did i mention a breed or the worth of my dog. I'm not a breeder, and 4 ppl make uncalled for, insulting accusations, if i seen "money signs" on my dogs puppies why would bother too waste my time and write as much as i did and ask for your point of view. and my dog was taken too the vet, thats how i know she is pregnant. When My dog was outside they always left the door open, so they can hear her, they would remain close too the door but not always fully outside with her. whenever my dog sees another dog she would bark and they would bring her in. My dog is relaxed around my neighbors dog so she would never bark. My neighbor purposely put her dog in my yard, her dog didn't run off.and by the way, i was panning on getting her spayed before the spring coming up, because we are on a low budget it right now, even though i live with a houseful of people, its still my dog. My parents may help with somethings that might be important like emergencies. but i still have too pay them back. and I have a part time salary. and still have too pay my parents room and board every pay check. but the point is i was saving up to get her spayed, and now that money is going too the puppies. I know many of you say give her an abortion, but thats something i just can't do, i hate the thought of it. I rather just give all the puppies too people that I know will give them excellent homes, which does not include my neighbor.ok i'll try this one more time... THE DOG THAT MOUNTED MY DOG WAS NOT NEUTERED! AND MY DOG IS PREGNANT, WITH 6, POSSIBLY MORE PUPPIES.

My dog is pregnant. does the father HAVE to get a puppy if his owner wants one? General Dog Discussions
    • No there is no law that says the male dog's owner is entitled to a puppy. Take your dog to the vet and ask for an emergency spay. It will save you the expense of prenatal care, and prevent any other things like this happening in the future. It will also prevent your neighbor from getting a puppy, since she doesn't seem like a good dog owner in the first place. Even if you DO allow your dog to have the pups, don't give one to her.

• No, she's most definitely NOT entitled to a puppy. Real breeders have contracts and the stud fee is in writing long before the planned breeding takes place. This person is both ignorant and dishonest. But, for your dog's health, please get her spayed once she's weaned these puppies.

• I don't think there is a law that the father has to get a puppy.So your neighbour let her dog into your yard without your permission? I think she should have to pay for all the puppies care if thats the case.But if you really don't want the puppies and don't think you will be able to afford all the vet care for your dog and her pups, you could get her spayed which will terminate the pregnancy and avoid another situation like this.

• No law it all depends on what was agreed to between parties. since there was no written contract between you and your neighbor then you really don't have to give her a puppy. You can sell her one and if she's really interested, she'll buy one from you. Sounds like you need to educate everyone in your family that when your dog is in heat, she never should be left alone outside unsupervised.

• There is no such law that gives the sire's owner any right over the puppies. Unless there is a contract signed by the both of you that states that the owner of the sire has first pick, owner of the sire has no right over the puppies.Please be responsible with the puppies. Make sure they go to good homes or keep them yourself. Don't allow them to wind up in shelters.Of course, if you really feel you can't handle it, you could just bring your dog in for an abortion, which unfortunately also includes spaying her (in dogs, they spay when they perform abortions).

• Maybe you're a little confused. You said that her dog was NEUTERED. That means he can't be the father of the puppies. Period. And no, there is no law that you have to give one of the puppies to the owner of the stud. It's a common practice among breeders who actually know what they're doing, but it's not a law. With the proceeds from selling your pups (good luck with that), please have your dog spayed. It's the responsible thing to do.

• Bring your dog in to the vet and have her SPAYED - then you won't have to worry about the pups and their are, vet fees, and/or possible c-section. You won't have to worry about your neighbor, either. And BTW, if her dog is NEUTERED then there will BE NO pups.... but better safe than sorry. Still get your girl spayed.She is NOT entitled to ANYTHING. Next time, supervise your dog. If family cannot do so when they let her out, they do not let her out. End of story.

• Are they the same breed? It is normal for breeders to offer a pup or breeding fee. Some fees are over $200. Offering a pup saves breeding fees.When a female goes into heat, it is possible that a male can smell her scent over 20 miles away. I would wait to see if the pups look like the supposedly dad. If a male dog is fixed, he shows no interest in any female other then to lick her clean.I would offer her half the price of the vet bill. In this economy, and the holidays, it may be hard to get rid of the pups. One less to get rid of. It is your decision. Good luck

• I think her neighbor claimed the other dog was neutered and it wasn't.No I wouldn't give her any puppies and I would schedule an emergency spay appointment. No reason to put your dog through all of that.

• Before you start putting all the blame on your neighbor, it's just as much your responsibility to spay your dog as it is for her to neuter hers. It's also your responsibility to keep your dog INSIDE when she's in heat and can't be supervised. I assume you feel it's an unnecessary expense to take her into the vet to confirm this immaculate conception? How a neutered dog gets another pregnant is beyond me. What would I do? I'd take my dog and have her spayed immediately. All you can see are dollar signs, so I'm not buying for a minute that this was a big accident

• "MY friends dog is neutered, and he was stuck inside of my dog"If your friend's dog is neutered, that means that he couldn't have impregnated your dog. Neutered means "he has no testicles".How about going to the vet for an emergency spay? That way you never have to worry about puppies ever again. Especially if the other members of your family are so irresponsible that they'd let two dogs tie.

• As far as I am aware- there is no legal agreement that the father of the pups gets a fee, or is paid by a puppy. This is generally an agreement that two parties enter into, when they are breeding dogs professionally.For 'fly by night' fathers, and when this kind of thing occurs, there is no legally binding contract that says that you have to give them a pup, or a fee. You can certainly sell them a puppy, though- if you really want to do it.That is such a selfish thing for a neighbour to do, though- I would refrain from actually selling her a puppy because she clearly doesnt have the dogs best interests at heart.

• first a neutered dog CAN NOT get a dog pregnantsecond if no written contract was written teh person has no rights to a pupalso do you realize that your dog could have been bred by more than one maleshe would have to do DNA test to prove teh pups are from her dogalso her dog trespassed so she should be responsible for vet bills for allowing ehr dog to do soI would just let ehr know that it is costing you for her dogs trespassing and unwanted pregnancyby rights youryour female should be on puppy food which cost more as well as she is eating more this is for the extra nutrition she needs in carrying and raising the pups female should go in for a prenatal examthen the pups and mom should be seen within 24 hours after giving birth to make sure mom has passed everything and pups are healthy and eating cortectlymom and pups should be wormed ( only get teh wormer from the vet) at 2,4,6,8 and 10 weeks oldpups should begin being weaned by moistening the dry puppy food and should stay with the mom until the pups are at th youngest 8 weeks oldthe pups should get their first vaccine at 6 weeksthat is enoughthen what if there are any problems good luck and tell her she either pays half of all vet bills for teh entire litter and mom if she want a pup

• If the dog that "bred" her was neutered - then your dog is NOT pregnant - its impossible. BUT if you are allowing your dog in heat to be outside alone and not under your supervision at all times, any intact male dog could have bred her.Please take your dog this week to the vet and get her spayed. She could be having a false pregnancy. When you own a female that is not spayed - you are 100% responsible to see that she doesn't get pregnant before she is spayed. Only reason she may be unspayed is if she was a top show quality dog that you were showing to championship; otherwise she should have been spayed by 6 months.So call the vet in the morning and get her in asap to be spayed.

• No contract, no obligation to give her a puppy.Legally ALL puppies belong to the OWNER of the female, unless there is a signed contract between both parties stating that stud owner gets a puppy.Tell her she can have a puppy if she is willing to pay part of the pre-natal costs.ADDEDAnd no the person can NOT charge you a "stud fee" because there is NO AGREEMENT between the 2 of you regarding any payment or exchange of puppy. Legally the puppies belong to YOU. YOU have the right to decide who you want to sell or give a pup to.