false pregnancy in dogs?

I think its a false pregnancy but not sure, my bitch is a Bull Arab (aka pig dogs) i was trying to breed her with an american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=fc2a29976ea5b80396c05be05c1978e88d380e8f">bulldog</a> but she wasnt interested, i live with a friend who's got 4 dogs out of the 4 two males but one is fixed and the other…

false pregnancy in dogs?

I think its a false pregnancy but not sure, my bitch is a Bull Arab (aka pig dogs) i was trying to breed her with an american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=fc2a29976ea5b80396c05be05c1978e88d380e8f">bulldog</a> but she wasnt interested, i live with a friend who's got 4 dogs out of the 4 two males but one is fixed and the other…...
    General Dog Discussions : false pregnancy in dogs?...

• false pregnancy in dogs?

false pregnancy in dogs? General Dog Discussions
      I think its a false pregnancy but not sure, my bitch is a Bull Arab (aka pig dogs) i was trying to breed her with an american bulldog but she wasnt interested, i live with a friend who's got 4 dogs out of the 4 two males but one is fixed and the other not fixed (he's a Staffy) although my bitch is much taller than the staffy he couldnt get "it" in, i've calculated the dates from when she was off\on heat and she should be around 7 wks now but she doesnt shoe baby bump still looks the same (nice and lean) but she got milk (if u sqeeze it) her tits are saggying but not quit full. i dont see a change in her besides the boobs but then again if the staffy did get in there could be 1 or 2 pups in there and arnt very big.i breed bull arab with an american bull dog (this were my previous dogs i bred) to get a good pigging dog, and they are great family pets aswell i didnt intend to breed her with the staffy (its not my line) i'v bred this )bull ararb x bulldog for 2 years now and no complains. Plus she hasnt had puppies before.

false pregnancy in dogs?

false pregnancy in dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Pseudocyesis it the medical term depicting false pregnancy in dogs. It typically occurs in female dogs that have not been impregnated approximately six to twelve weeks after their last heat. It is still not well understood what seems to trigger false pregnancy in dogs, yet there seems to be an association between false pregnancy and the interaction of hormones along with the increase of prolactin, something yet to be further investigated and researched.Symptoms of false pregnancyAffected dogs will act as if pregnant, causing owners often to believe their dog is pregnant when she is not.-NestingAffected dogs may be found pacing around the home looking for blankets and paper to shred in order to create a comfortable area to give birth and raise puppies.-MotheringOften, a dog suffering from false pregnancy will be found adopting a stuffed animal or any other inanimate object and treating it as a puppy. Often, the dog may even guard it against the owners and strangers.-Physical ChangesThe most stunning symptoms are those affecting the dog's body. Dogs affected by false pregnancy may exhibit enlarged nipples and eventually they may even secrete milk or fluids. Dogs may also exhibit weight gain, abdominal swelling and even vaginal discharges. Some may even mimic labor. However, in some cases, these symptoms may indicate a case of pyometra, a potentially fatal disease affecting intact female dogs.DiagnosisYour vet will palpate the dog's abdomen to ensure the dog is not pregnant. However, this method is not very accurate, x-rays or an ultrasound are much more accurate and reliable.TreatmentLuckily, the condition resolves on its own within two to three weeks. Dogs that tend to lick their mammary glands should be prevented in doing so because this may prolong the production of milk and the discomfort. Often, an Elizabethan collar may be helpful in such cases.Dogs that are affected once by pseudo pregnancy often are likely to be prone to future episodes. In some cases, female dogs may be quite miserable during their pseudo pregnancy therefore, they may require medications or hormonal treatments to minimize the milk flow.Owners that are considering spaying their female dog should do so only once the pseudo pregnancy is over.How to tell Pseudo Pregnancy from a Real Pregnancy?The two are often easily confused. The only way is by proving if there is an actual pregnancy or not. This can be done at the vet's office. As early as after 28 days, veterinaries may be able to palpate the embryos through the dogs' abdomen.An ultrasound may be a more accurate and reliable test. This test may actually even help determine how many puppies the female dog is expecting. A Relaxin pregnancy test as well may be helpful.This test is a blood test than can be done as early as 20 days after the luteininzing hormonal surge. Test kits may be available to dog owners today, however, in order to perform this test a centrifuge is required. If not, an owner may ask a vet if the blood sample can be dropped so to allow it to undergo centrifugation. X-rays can confirm pregnancy after 45 days.

• Females can get milk with a false pregnancy but she will not get big in the belly. She may also have only one pup and that is why she has milk. The only way you are going to know for sure is to have her xrayd to see if there ia one or two pups so you are ready. Normally this is done on the 52nd. day when the vet. can see the skeleton of the pup/pups. Big dogs are hard to palpitate so xray is the only way to know for sure at this point. Good Luck