my 20 lb dog got impregnated by a 40 lb dog will she be able to deliver the puppies?"?

I know how bad it is that she got pregnant. We brought in a stray temporarily and she had no idea she was in heat. She is a Pom Mix/Australian Cattle dog mix. The dad was the Pom. He is a Queensland Heeler Mix(?). She weighs about 20-25 lbs and he weighs…

my 20 lb dog got impregnated by a 40 lb dog will she be able to deliver the puppies?"?

I know how bad it is that she got pregnant. We brought in a stray temporarily and she had no idea she was in heat. She is a Pom Mix/Australian Cattle dog mix. The dad was the Pom. He is a Queensland Heeler Mix(?). She weighs about 20-25 lbs and he weighs…...
    General Dog Discussions : my 20 lb dog got impregnated by a 40 lb dog will she be able to deliver the puppies?"?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• my 20 lb dog got impregnated by a 40 lb dog will she be able to deliver the puppies?"?

my 20 lb dog got impregnated by a 40 lb dog will she be able to deliver the puppies?"? General Dog Discussions
      I know how bad it is that she got pregnant. We brought in a stray temporarily and she had no idea she was in heat. She is a Pom Mix/Australian Cattle dog mix. The dad was the Pom. He is a Queensland Heeler Mix(?). She weighs about 20-25 lbs and he weighs about 40-45 lbs. I worry that the babies are going to get too big and she wont be able to deliver them. I dont have the money for a c section. Any advice?I understand that it was irresponsible to have her get pregnant so I really dont need the lecture about spaying. All of our other male dogs are nuetered, which was why her getting fixed was not at the top of my list. Having and unaltered male dog her was not my idea and I am very upset by this. The shelters in my area will not help with spaying and while I now have the money for that, I dont for a csection. I would like to know if anyone has experience with a larger dog impregnating a smaller dog so I better know what to expect.

my 20 lb dog got impregnated by a 40 lb dog will she be able to deliver the puppies?"? General Dog Discussions
    • Poms usually need c-sections, regardless. Money For A C-Section = Thousands of DollarsCaring For A Stray = About One Thousand DollarsGetting a Spay = Hardly No more than $100Hmmm......Anyway... It's not too late to get an {{emergency}} spay. It'll cost less money than a C-Section & let the dog be happier & it'll help out in the long run.. A lotETA: @Nick, no I know what i'm doing. It does vary by place but here it's $100 & I live in 2010 and since I adopted most of my dogs it was also $60 including the spay. Usually in most places it's hardly more $100. I know what i'm doing, but thanks...

• You need to ask a vet this. But saw a couple times on craigslist a male pitbull got a female chihuahua pregnant and they were selling the puppies. So I guess it is possible pitbulls weigh 60+ and chihuahua's weigh about 15. Hope I helpKENDRA I don't know where you got your information from but getting a dog spayed is more than $100 I live in Las Vegas the cheapest to spay a dog is $250Next time before opening your mouth do some research. You must be living in the 80's when a candy bar was a nickel.

• get her spayed tomorrow! It will probably save her life, it is cheaper than a C-section (not to mention if you can't afford a C-section, there is no way in hell you will be able to afford proper vet care/nutrition for mom and her puppies), and you will be helping the over-population of dogs out there getting euthanized in shelters every day because of an easy mistake like this! PLEASE GET HER SPAYED!!! If your local vet office is too expensive, usually a humane society will do it for cheaper. Either way, spaying her immediately will be cheaper for you in the long run, and it will save her life."nick I need help" maybe you shouldn't be so quick to scold. I live in 2010, and I just got my dog spayed for $125 at a small town vet clinic about 3 months ago and I live in PA, you maybe you need to sit back and shut up yourself. Some, not all, humane society's will do it for $80-$100

• A vet will be better able to answer that question. As for spaying her now.. the vet can tell you if it's ok to do now and abort the litter if that's what you feel is best.

• You should take her to a vet and get their opinion. She may need to be induced early and have a c-section. If you don't have the money for this then you need to take her for a termination - which needs to be done fast. Either way it's going to cost you something. It's all just part of being a responsible pet owner. Treat her as if she were a member of your own family, because that's exactly what she is. :)

• she should be fine. Recently, my 40lbs or less dog got pregnant at age 10 months with a 60lbs dog. She gave birthday to 5 puppies on her first time. I want to add that all dogs are different. It was amazing how well she took care of them and knew exactly what to do. This was my first time experiencing a litter of dogs. My dog is a boxer/pit mix (female). The father was kind of a collie mix. Every dog is different, just like humans.