Can a female dog be impregnated through a fence?

We have a 12 month old dog. She isn't fixed because we were told you should wait until after their first heat to fix them (through research I've sadly found out this isn't true) She was in heat Oct 12th. Our yard is fully fenced, and I let her out to…

We have a 12 month old dog. She isn't fixed because we were told you should wait until after their first heat to fix them (through research I've sadly found out this isn't true) She was in heat Oct 12th. Our yard is fully fenced, and I let her out to…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can a female dog be impregnated through a fence?...

• Can a female dog be impregnated through a fence?

Can a female dog be impregnated through a fence? General Dog Discussions
      We have a 12 month old dog. She isn't fixed because we were told you should wait until after their first heat to fix them (through research I've sadly found out this isn't true) She was in heat Oct 12th. Our yard is fully fenced, and I let her out to potty. An hour later I heard our other dog barking and there was a dog at our fence sniffing at our girl. So now a month later she is getting very fat in her tummy. I read if milk comes out of their nipples that's a sure sign, but that isn't happening, but her nipples are large and starting to hang.So, can a female dog get pregnant through a fence? If so, does she sound pregnant? If so what do I do? Just sit with her when she goes into labor? She's a Chocolate Lab. How long after she has her puppies can I get her fixed?

Can a female dog be impregnated through a fence? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes, they can still breed through a chain link fence, but a fence will NOT keep a male away anyway. He can jump the fence too, ya know. A pregnant b*tch doesn't lactate until after the pups are born, and the best thing you can do is make an appointment for an emergency spay. The will be an automatic abortion, so therefore no unwanted litter from a b*tch that's too young anyway. Just call your Vet tomorrow and HAVE HER SPAYED. You have know idea on how to whelp a litter, and it's not as easy as one would think. There are a LOT of things that can go wrong, and good breeders assist with the whelping, not just sit back and leave things up to chance. When that's done, there could be dead puppies and even a dead Dam if you don't know what the heck you're doing. Do the right and ethical thing and HAVE HER SPAYED/ABORTED ASAP!

• Bring her to the vet and if they find out she is in fact pregnant, get an emergency spay. We don't need anymore unwanted mongrel puppies in the world while there are tons being killed in shelters every day!