Can my bulldog be pregnant?

Last Christmas I received a beautiful English <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=5c904c7a1206c2fb9bdf943ab16bbdfeacb746d2">Bulldog</a> named Sofia. She is the best thing that ever happened to me. I read all the books and was very ready for this wonderful responsibility. When Sofia was six months I went to get her spayed but it showed…

Last Christmas I received a beautiful English <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=5c904c7a1206c2fb9bdf943ab16bbdfeacb746d2">Bulldog</a> named Sofia. She is the best thing that ever happened to me. I read all the books and was very ready for this wonderful responsibility. When Sofia was six months I went to get her spayed but it showed…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can my bulldog be pregnant?...

• Can my bulldog be pregnant?

Can my bulldog be pregnant? General Dog Discussions
      Last Christmas I received a beautiful English Bulldog named Sofia. She is the best thing that ever happened to me. I read all the books and was very ready for this wonderful responsibility. When Sofia was six months I went to get her spayed but it showed in the pre-op woodwork that she had chronic kidney failure. I was devastated. I have learned very much about her disease and I cook for her naturally every day and have her on many supplements. After contacting the breeder and letting her know how upset I was bc Sofia is very special to me and she was very expensive. The breeder offered to take Sofia back and give me a replacement puppy. An offer I refused. However, she still gave me.a second dog, Luke. When It was about time to pick up luke( I had first pick of litter) she told me she wanted to keep him for her breeding program bc he had green eyes and that was very rare. Instead we made a deal that I could keep Luke and when he is two I will let her breed him once. The problem is Sofia is 14 months now and Luke is 4 months. I can't get Sofia spayed bc she can't be put under anesthesia bc of her kidneys. And I can't get Luke neutered bc of the contract. Today Luke's thing was all out and he was humping Sofia and I.don't know if he put it in or not. I am very worried bc she can not have babies can dogs have abortions? And could he impregnate her at 4 months. Sofia is my biggest priority. But I do love them both very much. Opinions?

Can my bulldog be pregnant? General Dog Discussions
    • At 4 months old its very unlikely. Since she can't be spayed, she is at high risk of dying if she gets pregnant cause she will need a c-section to deliver puppies and must be put under for that to happen.So I would return the male to the breeder if she is so interested in breeding him later - let HER have the responsibility of keeping an intact male.And you can spay her - she just needs a vet who specializes in high risk cases.

• Is Sophia in heat? If she is not ovulating then she cannot get pregnant. If she is in heat, then you need to keep them separated for at least three weeks. Pregnancy will kill her. Be careful.

• Yes. You were foolish to get a male that's not neutered with a female that can't be spayed. I wonder if the kidney disease will be affect by pregnancy and also.. bulldogs need Cesarean for birthing and it's very expensive. Yes, there is an abortion but if I recall it needs to be done very soon!