Has anyone ever had a puppy that survived parvo and now has horrible smelling gas?

My 7 month old puppy had parvo when he was about 4 months old, he survived it and is now the most playful and happy puppy ever but he has the most HORRIBLE smelling farts and to me they smell like parvo. If you've had a puppy with parvo you'll know the…

Has anyone ever had a puppy that survived parvo and now has horrible smelling gas?

My 7 month old puppy had parvo when he was about 4 months old, he survived it and is now the most playful and happy puppy ever but he has the most HORRIBLE smelling farts and to me they smell like parvo. If you've had a puppy with parvo you'll know the…...
    General Dog Discussions : Has anyone ever had a puppy that survived parvo and now has horrible smelling gas?...

• Has anyone ever had a puppy that survived parvo and now has horrible smelling gas?

Has anyone ever had a puppy that survived parvo and now has horrible smelling gas? General Dog Discussions
      My 7 month old puppy had parvo when he was about 4 months old, he survived it and is now the most playful and happy puppy ever but he has the most HORRIBLE smelling farts and to me they smell like parvo. If you've had a puppy with parvo you'll know the smell I'm talking about. Has anyone else had a parvo surviving dog with the same issue?? I'm just wondering if this is an effect from the parvo or if it's from something else that I could possibly fix with changing up his diet.

Has anyone ever had a puppy that survived parvo and now has horrible smelling gas? General Dog Discussions
    • A dog food with excessive amount of fillers can cause a great deal of gas. Since it's been 3 months since the dog had Parvo, I would not think this has anything to do with his parvo.Talk to your vet about this.

• Call your vet and ask! They should be able to tell you what to expect after your dog is better. It could honestly just be how your dogs farts always smelled and he just happens to pass gas a lot. A lot of dogs have this. Your vet can also recommend what to do to help their stomach :)

• Gassiness is often caused by a food that doesn't agree with puppy. If you make a food change, you should take a whole week to change over, or your puppy could end up with diarrhea PLUS the gassiness. I have heard the vets I work with telling owners that gassiness is food that doesn't agree. I know that smell. Surely your puppy is over parvo and that isn't it. Our vets recommend Science Diet Puppy, Royal Canin also. They both feed their own dogs these brands.