Do my puppy need to be registered to go to the vet?

I mean as in a dog license.Do you need to be registered in the American Kennel Club?

I mean as in a dog license.Do you need to be registered in the American Kennel Club?...
    General Dog Discussions : Do my puppy need to be registered to go to the vet?...

• Do my puppy need to be registered to go to the vet?

Do my puppy need to be registered to go to the vet? General Dog Discussions
      I mean as in a dog license.Do you need to be registered in the American Kennel Club?

Do my puppy need to be registered to go to the vet? General Dog Discussions
    • You would need to call a vet and schedule an appt. Also, the local animal shelter/SPCA may be able to help you out with referrals for vets in your area. However, in owning dogs for many years, I've never had to "register" them to access veternarian services

• Heavens NO! I've never heard of that. Vets are there for ANY animal. If you need a vet (and if you own a dog, you do) find one you're comfortable with and use him/her as needed, for regular check-ups, and sicknesses. You have to have a scheduled appointment for most services, but vets still have emergency services if you need them. Maybe that's what you are thinking, (appointments, rather than registeration) to see a vet. I guarantee you vets would go out of business if all they accepted was registered animals. The everyday and unregistered animals keep the vets busiest.

• The vet does not regulate or give you a fine for not having a dog license. You will not be asked for a license or a registration if you go to the vet.If your pet receives a rabies vaccination, it is possible that the city can receive your information that way, and possibly fine you for not having a license. However, unless your dog is caught loose and running around, or is reported for a dog bite, it is very unlikely that you will have any difficulty with the city or with not having a license.Registering with the AKC, American Kennel Club is only important if you plan on showing your dog, or competing in obedience or agility trials, or if you plan on breeding a purebred dog. If you breed a pure bred dog with AKC papers, this in theory, is proof that your dog is the breed you claim it to be. Most pet owners have no need for AKC registration.