A puppy without shots went to dog daycare?

So me and my family went on vacation but my dad stayed home because he had to work. So we have a 12 week old golden retriever that has Not had his shots. And now I'm in Florida freaking out because my father took my puppy to a Dog Daycare. Literally,…

So me and my family went on vacation but my dad stayed home because he had to work. So we have a 12 week old golden retriever that has Not had his shots. And now I'm in Florida freaking out because my father took my puppy to a Dog Daycare. Literally,…...
    General Dog Discussions : A puppy without shots went to dog daycare?...

• A puppy without shots went to dog daycare?

A puppy without shots went to dog daycare? General Dog Discussions
      So me and my family went on vacation but my dad stayed home because he had to work. So we have a 12 week old golden retriever that has Not had his shots. And now I'm in Florida freaking out because my father took my puppy to a Dog Daycare. Literally, with thousands of dogs. I'm jut freaking out because he could get all kinds of sicknesses what is the chance that my dads stupidity could kill my puppy?

A puppy without shots went to dog daycare? General Dog Discussions
    • If the other dogs are not vaccinated who knows but you should also of had your puppy vaccinated weeks ago so the blame lies with you and your family if your dog gets sick .

• Considering your question implies that the dog-daycare doesn't require shots, is something to be concerned about indeed...hopefully all will be well, but I would never take my dog to such a place, that didn't require all regular shots be up to date (and require kennel cough shots)...

• Since the doggie daycare your dad took your dog to doesn't require a shot record, then I'd say the chances of your dog getting something is pretty high.

• All day cares require a dog to be up to date on vaccines, your puppy is too young to attend a day care as they must be at least 4 months old with a current rabies shot. All dogs at day cares are UTD on vaccines, it's not them you need to worry about.Chances are your dad took the dog to a DOG PARK, if it was a free dog park and your dad permitted him to run around with other dogs feces and pee and he's not vaccinated then yes, you have serious problems, parvo, leptospirosis and distemper not to mention a host of parasites from Giardia to round, hook and ring worm are all present at dog parks. So the chances of your dog catching something is quite high. My dog is fully vaccinated but caught Giardia at the dog park.Why has this puppy not had several rounds of shots by now, that's more stupid than your dads ignorance at the types of diseases a dog park can carry.A day care would never have let the puppy in.

• There's just no good excuse for a 3month old puppy to be unvaccinated. If you can't afford vet care or are too busy or lazy to get it done, you should not have pets. I feel sorry for the puppy. I hope he will be okay and that this will serve as a lesson to your family to make his veterinary care a higher priority.

• why do u have a 4 month golden retriever with no shots yet? he should have most of his shots by then! its ur fault if ur dog gets sick! I hope nothing happens to him considering, as everyone else said, the kennel didnt ask for any shots! good luck and please take better care of ur dog!

• Early shots are often useless. At 12 weeks, any immunity your puppy had from its mother should have worn off. So there is some danger your puppy was exposed to something. Since the incubation period can be a week or more for parvo, it may not show up very soon. In the past when I was lower on the learning curve, I frequently took my puppy to places with many other unknown dogs. None of them ever got sick from it. That I got away with it doesn't mean it s safe or a a good idea. Odds are, you will get away with what was a bad practice. I would get your puppy into the vet for its shots as soon as you can. The mother's immunities protect for a while, but are likely gone and exposure could mean a terrible death for your puppy. You and some other people that answered need to read the link I am posting. It will relieve ignorance, but not rudeness.