How can you tell if a Pom is pregnant?

I have a pom and she was in the same house with a male pom for about two weeks while she was in heat. We never saw them "tie" together, but I am wondering if there is a way to tell if she is pregnant for sure?My female pom was with a male pom for two…

I have a pom and she was in the same house with a male pom for about two weeks while she was in heat. We never saw them "tie" together, but I am wondering if there is a way to tell if she is pregnant for sure?My female pom was with a male pom for two…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can you tell if a Pom is pregnant?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can you tell if a Pom is pregnant?

How can you tell if a Pom is pregnant? General Dog Discussions
      I have a pom and she was in the same house with a male pom for about two weeks while she was in heat. We never saw them "tie" together, but I am wondering if there is a way to tell if she is pregnant for sure?My female pom was with a male pom for two weeks while she was in heat....I am wanting to know if there is any way to "tell" if she is pregnant. I WANT this to be the case for those fools that think I would leave two un neutered animals together without wanting puppies!!Thank you for HELP and not smart comments!!

How can you tell if a Pom is pregnant? General Dog Discussions
    • How to Tell if a Dog Is PregnantSince we can not just use a human pregnancy test on our dog, we must rely on other means to tell if a dog is pregnant.Steps [edit]The most surefire way to determine your doggy's "condition" is to take her to a vet! If you can't afford that, you will be playing the waiting game. Like humans, you may notice symptoms that point toward her pregnancy, but do not definitely indicate it. Many dogs experience morning sickness, sleep more, and eventually, eat, drink, and urinate more often. Near the end of her pregnancy, a dog will often have pinker, swollen nipples as her body prepares to feed the puppies. A typical dog pregnancy lasts from 58-63 days, and if she is expecting several pups, she will definitely "show" near the end. Signs of labor includes digging (to prepare a "nest" for the pups), panting, pacing, and other restless behavior. Often the dog will find a nice, safe place to give birth (mine actually chose under the bed while I was at a meeting). Please do try to be prepared for the pups; they need to be kept warm, especially during the first two weeks. Often a heating pad (set on low)under a waterproof mat works the best. Mom will need plenty of food and water, and she most likely will not welcome visitors to the nursery for the first few days. Tips [edit]Your best bet is to contact your veterinarian, and if you will be expecting pups you should check out a book on whelping from your local library. If you do not have a local veterinarian you can also contact a local college university's animal science department and ask who could bring your dog to. Warnings [edit]A laboring mom who is not used to being handled may be more likely to bite, so use caution! Keep children and strangers away from her "nest". i suggest getting your dog spayed

• How to tell if your dog is pregnant Your vet can do a pregnancy test. They can do an ultrasound or a relaxin test to determine if your dog is pregnant.Some of the signs of dog pregnancy areYour dogs vulva remains floppy and dose not go back to its normal pre heat shape.Nipple enlarge and she begins to loose hair from around the nipples Increase weight.Many female go off their food and loose weight the first 3 weeks after being bred if they are pregnant. After the first 3 weeks they will increase there food intake.Increase in tummy size.Personality change. Many female become more affectionate or more submissive, and some crankier if they are pregnant, you are looking for a personality change.

• First of all, Dallas, Cindy P and Kenuheerme stop being such j3rks!We understand that you disagree with Barbarakaye200's decision but this kind of language and emotional abuse is seriously wrong!This is not the way to make your point!You cannot attack people like that!As for the pregnancy thing,Barbarakaye200, I think the best way to find out is to take your dog to the vet.I hope everything goes great for you and your dog.