What are signs of pregnancy in dogs?

I believe my dog may have been bred on Feb. 14th. I think it's too early for a vet to be able to tell. Does anyone know things that might suggest pregnancy? She has also been acting strange lately, either following me around and licking me constantly, or…

I believe my dog may have been bred on Feb. 14th. I think it's too early for a vet to be able to tell. Does anyone know things that might suggest pregnancy? She has also been acting strange lately, either following me around and licking me constantly, or…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are signs of pregnancy in dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are signs of pregnancy in dogs?

What are signs of pregnancy in dogs? General Dog Discussions
      I believe my dog may have been bred on Feb. 14th. I think it's too early for a vet to be able to tell. Does anyone know things that might suggest pregnancy? She has also been acting strange lately, either following me around and licking me constantly, or sleeping like the dead. Telling me she should have been spayed does not help me. I know this. Please just answer my question.

What are signs of pregnancy in dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • umm if her appetite has changed is one sign and if she has been playing with a stuff doll and thinks its a puppy so he gaurds it and even clans it.watch her carefully and see if her belly gets bigger aswell.

• Yes its too early to tell. Have her spayed and don't worry about it. False pregnancy and a real pregnancy display the same signs and symptoms.Yes you can still have her spayed even though she may be pregnant.

• If a vet can't tell if she's pregnant, then all of us out here on answers surely won't know. You'll just have to be patient, and ask your vet both what to look for and when to start looking. He/she can tell you how soon is early enough to tell, and what signs would give indication.I'm sorry, I have to add:SPAY YOUR DOG!!!

• Its way to early to be able to tell if the dog is pregnate. If you weren't planing on these puppies you can get your dog spayed which is way to terminate if it is possible she may be preagnate. Start doing lots of research if this is the first litter for your dog there are chances of things going wrong. There are many information websites available. I would call your vet and they too can help you on the right path. Signs to watch for are and increase in food intake, as well as they can get morning sickness just like humans they do tend to become big sucks to one person as well. You've got alot ahead of you if your expecting puppies good luck!