New 11 week old puppy that i took to the dog park?

I had noooo idea that he could contract any kind of serious diseases like Parvo. and now I'm sitting here freaking out, thinking he might be sick! Tomorrow I'm taking him to get his last round of vaccines. He hasn't shown any signs of sickness at all,…

I had noooo idea that he could contract any kind of serious diseases like Parvo. and now I'm sitting here freaking out, thinking he might be sick! Tomorrow I'm taking him to get his last round of vaccines. He hasn't shown any signs of sickness at all,…...
    General Dog Discussions : New 11 week old puppy that i took to the dog park?...

• New 11 week old puppy that i took to the dog park?

New 11 week old puppy that i took to the dog park? General Dog Discussions
      I had noooo idea that he could contract any kind of serious diseases like Parvo. and now I'm sitting here freaking out, thinking he might be sick! Tomorrow I'm taking him to get his last round of vaccines. He hasn't shown any signs of sickness at all, but I'm still worried. What should i do?! Will he be ok?

New 11 week old puppy that i took to the dog park? General Dog Discussions
    • He's probably fine. Actually, the last round of shots happens around six months of age, so wait until then to take him back to the dog park. There are three sets of shots to be done. One about six weeks, another now, and another at about six months.I actually don't like seeing young puppies at the dog park due to they are SO prone to accidental injury from other excited dogs.Also, be sure the dog gets the bordatella vaccination(a squirt up the nose), at the six month set of shots as well.

• hi he should be ok, if he were to get sick take him straight to vets. after there last shots you are meant to wait 2 weeks then its ok to take him out. if hes already had a shot then he probably be ok but don't take him out now till after his last shot

• You should follow all the rules. ALL dog parks require dogs to be fully vaccinated and licensed, and most dog parks have minimum ages (in other words, they don't allow young puppies.)A responsible pet owner informs themselves of all of their own responsibilities, by doing things like readings signs posted and having and using all of the the proper equipment such as leashes, dog seat belts, etc. Your dog will probably not get sick, but this is just the beginning. You have no idea how destructive a dog can be if you try to cheat and not provide all the exercise, companionship, and psychological stability he requires. Get ready.

• Wow, you should take care of him at home actually for the dog with that corn age.Do not panic if he does not sign anything weird. Parvo is really a big issue for a puppy, but do not too worry if they are not contacting with sick dogs or wild dogs.If he gives some sign of something that you feel uncomfortable of, you should take him directly to vet.By the way, puppies need to be vaccinated to prevent the sickness not only parvo. Ask details to your vet when checking up your puppies early health.Good luck!