Can I raise dogs in a tent?

I want to build a tent in my garage, and breed little dogs. I want to buy two little dogs & keep them in the tent so they can breed. the tent will be huge, It will have vents & everything I believe they will need. Will they be able to survive, and raise…

I want to build a tent in my garage, and breed little dogs. I want to buy two little dogs & keep them in the tent so they can breed. the tent will be huge, It will have vents & everything I believe they will need. Will they be able to survive, and raise…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can I raise dogs in a tent?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can I raise dogs in a tent?

Can I raise dogs in a tent? General Dog Discussions
      I want to build a tent in my garage, and breed little dogs. I want to buy two little dogs & keep them in the tent so they can breed. the tent will be huge, It will have vents & everything I believe they will need. Will they be able to survive, and raise puppy's in there?

Can I raise dogs in a tent? General Dog Discussions
    • you repulse mefood, water, std checks, are they going to be purebred? is there a market for this dog where you live? are they going to be from champion akc lines only? will you register them? are you going to be able to afford vet bills, on the mother during pregnancy ect? how about vet bills on the pups, shots, dewormer, first checkups. what if you cant sell all the pups, are you going to be able to afford another dog... i think this is just all around a bad idea...we dont need more homeless dogs and more bybs making sicky muttsget a life

• ummm. You need to do more research before you embark on this whole breeding thing. Just to let you know (and you probably already do, so just a reminder) there are tons of shelter pets that need homes. Please dont add to the growing pet population. Besides leaving them in a tent doesnt seem all that good of an idea. Do some more research and if your doing this for money, maybe find a different way to make some money. Don't breed while shelter pets die...please.

• Dogs need fresh air, sunlight, walks. Raising them, confining them in a tent in a garage is really pretty cruel. Also, breeding involves more than "buy two little dogs. . .etc." That is so irresponsible. There are too many dogs needing homes for that. If you want to truly research a specific breed, learn about it, how to improve and register the pups, and do it right . . . . you spend a lot on vet bills, both for pregnant mom and for puppies 1st shots, etc. If you are doing it for money, you are irresponsible and wrong - the dogs pay for it, and so do the owners who are dumb enough to buy from you. Don't do it.

• You should do a lot more research about breeding before taking on such a time consuming and expensive venture. Puppies need to stay with the mother for 8-10 weeks depending on the breed (which you didn't mention) and they will spend 1/2 of that time chewing up your tent. There are many many reasons why this wouldn't be a good idea and if you knew enough about breeding to be a responsible breeder you wouldn't consider the tent idea. Breeders usually have kennels and pens, I have never heard of a breeder using a tent. Good luck with that.

• Hi, I have raised lots of dogs and If I was you I would not use a tent as they can"t get enough air and oxigen so try a room or basement but make sure the sewer is covered very good you don"t want a dog to get caught down in there and its would be a desaster to try to rescue them . No don"t use a tent thats a bad idea also better idea is to ask a vet for professional advice it won"t cost you any thing to just call for advice.Good Luck

• I checked your other questions, because I wasn't sure if you were trolling before I bothered to answer, because this post honestly sounds like a joke. I really wish it were!Based solely on some of your other questions (and including this question, of course), you really don't sound responsible enough to breed dogs. You could actually get in trouble and probably would lose a lot of cash. It is expensive to do and you don't make much money. In fact, you're more likely to lose money in the deal and should only be breeding to further the breed and improve the bloodlines.Your dogs will be vicious because they won't be socialized living out in a tent. Dogs need a lot of space. The stress alone would possible cause the female to stop lactating and have all her puppies die. There are too many things that could go wrong. You could also get in big trouble for essentially running what sounds like the beginning of a puppy mill. There are laws against that sort of thing (animal abuse) and you could face big fines and even jailtime!Please reconsider this. It's not worth the risks and work for you, and it's not fair to the dogs.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------I know this is off-topic and please forgive me, but I was a little disturbed to see that the poster below copied and pasted my answer 0_0; Could you guys please just report them so that gets removed? I don't mean to make a big deal, but I put a lot of thought into my answers and I'm a bit offended (and disturbed by it, lol)

• Wow is it gonna be another puppy mill as we have many dogs and puppies dieing every hour as people with no conscience or heart trying to make money off of poor animals .no they will die animals take many hours or love and patience and need human companionship not a stinky old hot tent or freezing tent.get a pet rock and keep that in the tent with you .