Can I raise dogs in a tent?

I want to build a tent in my garage, and breed little dogs. I want to buy two little dogs & keep them in the tent so they can breed. the tent will be huge, It will have vents & everything I believe they will need. Will they be able to survive, and raise…

Can I raise dogs in a tent?

I want to build a tent in my garage, and breed little dogs. I want to buy two little dogs & keep them in the tent so they can breed. the tent will be huge, It will have vents & everything I believe they will need. Will they be able to survive, and raise…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can I raise dogs in a tent?...

• I mean they will survive, but in stress, they need walks, an open field, fresh air.

• I hope you are joking...That you posted this to get alot of people riled up and are enjoying reading how upset people are getting...Disturbed...No you can't raise dogs in a tent...

• You are so wise to ask before taking the leap of investment and heartbreak.I see from your profile, that you are a careful and cautious person, who doesn't leap without looking.I would encourage you to do some realistic math. To buy a pair of little dogs suitable for breeding, is going to run you approximately $2,000. Then, you must keep them for two years before they are ready to reproduce. Your minimum expense, baring any vet bills, and assuming that they are in excellent health, will run about $40 per month. So, that is about $960, before a puppy is ever produced.Then, the law in every state requires that you keep them until 8 weeks..and that they have at least their first shots and a vet check.. First shots and vet check will run $40 per puppy, ($120) Small dogs have small litters, averaging 3. If you sell to a jobber, who picks them up for pet shops, you will get less than half of what the pet shop sells them for..so you end up withabout $800 for your first litter. So you have just over $3,000 invested for your first two years of work, to make$800 IF all goes well.It won't work to sell them out of your home through and ad, as no one will buy puppies raised in the tent, with insane parents.Small dogs have been bred for centuries to be lap dogs, and personal companions. They won't outgrow that, being kept in a tent. They need to be with their master, at least most of the day, every day. Otherwise, they go insane.Puppy mills do this on a large scale, and are happy to get that kind of return, and they don't care that the little dogs are insane. they make their money once the dog is 5 years or so.However, I have seen many puppy mills, running 100 or more breeding dogs, and have never met a wealthy one. They live in hardscrabble homes, and drive 20 year old cars.They usually rely on farm subsidies, disability, or Social Security to make ends meet. That is the tool we use to get them shut down..usually avoidance of income tax, or fraudulently receiving disability, etc.There is a huge move to shut down puppy mills and back-yard-breeders ( that is the class that you would be considered) and it will be a very short-sighted career for someone just starting up. I do hope that you will reconsider, and choose another career move.

• Ofcourse NOT! ARE YOU CRAZY! THAT IS ANIMAL ABUSE AND YOU CAN BE CHARGED AND JAILED IF ANYONE FOUND OUT! When you get a new puppy there are some absolute rules you must follow to insure that your puppy grows up well adjusted. Puppies that are brought up through their critical socialization period correctly are less likely to become liabilities later in life. Properly socialized dogs are not fearful of a particular age group, skin color, or body type. If they are not fearful, they are less likely to run away from these people, bark at them or bite them to try to make them move away. Poorly socialized dogs lack confidence. These are the dogs that might bite a child in the face if cornered. They may pull out of a collar and run away in fear of a stranger. They may bark at the sight of every strange thing that they never became accustomed to during their socialization period-people in wheelchairs, people wearing funny hats, people who walk with a limp. These biters, bolters and barkers often end up with a one-way ticket to the dog pound-all because they were never properly socialized as puppies. Puppies need water, food, play, care, love, walks at least 6 times a day. They are a living thing. You can't for you life raise a puppy in a tent or any inside condition THEY HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST 2 HOURS OF EXERCISE A DAY. THEY HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE THEY HAVE TO INTERACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE AND DOGS YOU ARE CRAZY