I have a 4 month old rottweiler puppy... What type/brand of dog food should i feed him?

I have a 4 month old rottweiler puppy... What type/brand of dog food should i feed him?

I have a 4 month old rottweiler puppy... What type/brand of dog food should i feed him?...
    General Dog Discussions : I have a 4 month old rottweiler puppy... What type/brand of dog food should i feed him?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have a 4 month old rottweiler puppy... What type/brand of dog food should i feed him?

I have a 4 month old rottweiler puppy... What type/brand of dog food should i feed him? General Dog Discussions

I have a 4 month old rottweiler puppy... What type/brand of dog food should i feed him? General Dog Discussions
    • A raw diet is the #1 Best thing to feed a dog. Raw meat has vitamins and essentials in it that can help a dogs body function at it's best condition possible. Bones, organs, and meat help with the dogs digestive system, teeth, coat and overall external and internal appearance in a dog. Don't agree or want to feed kibble make sure that you feed the dogs foods that don't have fillers in it like corn, or wheat, because many commercial dog foods have harmful by-products: All natrual foods that I would recommend are, Wellness, Orijen Blue Buffalo, Blue Diamond, Blue Wilderness, California Natrual, EVO, Canidea

• Your breeder should have told you what type of puppy food your puppy is used to eating. Most will provide at least a day or two's worth of food to take with you. Failing that, since your puppy has to be checked by your vet and have shots plus at 4 months you can now make the appointment to have him neutered in the next 5 - 8 weeks, your vet can recommend a good quality puppy food appropriate for the breed and let you know how long your particular puppy should stay on puppy food. Some breeds need puppy food for a year, some for 18 - 24 months.

• "All natrual foods that I would recommend are, Wellness, Orijen, Blue Buffalo, Blue Diamond, Blue Wilderness, California Natrual, EVO, Canidea"Exact same answer I would have given.Do NOT feed Iams. Iams is one of the worst foods on the market. Avoid Pedigree like the plague. And Purina. Purina Pro Plan is okay, but if you're going to pay that kind of money you might as well go with Blue Buffalo, about the same price at PetSmart. And you can get a coupon on their website. www.bluebuff.com**ETA- No, Pedigree, Eukanuba, and Science Diet are terrible foods. Solid Gold is pretty good, 4 out of 6 stars, but not the best. And might I add, since I know it's a big factor, good foods cost a lot more money. But when you think about it, a lower quality food will have you feed a 50 lb dog say 5 cups. Where as the expensive, but good foods will have you feed 2 1/2 or 3 cups, maybe even less. This is because they don't have fillers, and smaller amounts fill the entire days nutritional needs, the lower quality food will require more to achieve this. Also, if you spend the extra money on great food now, you will greatly lessen your vet bills and greatly extend your animals life. I would also recommend glucosamine and chondroitin, you can buy the people pills and crush and mix them with the kibble. These supplements are for joint support, and work wonders. We just started my English Mastiff [a 220 lb rescue] on it and we're already seeing great improvement. He also used to eat Beneful, and for the time being he's on Blue Basics, [he's got health issues and we're trying to rule out food allergies] and you can tell he feels much better. He's also losing weight. Another advantage of high quality foods. So invest a little more initially and it will pay off in the end.

• I recommend that you get Solid Gold. Because that is a very healthy brand. But, Eukanuba or Pedigree are also great brands. It really depends on how much you want to spend. hope this helps.