when it says adoption fee does that mean thats all you have to pay or is there more?

i was looking online and it said adoption fee $125 including all shots spaying nuetering ect.is that all or is there more money that i have to pay!

when it says adoption fee does that mean thats all you have to pay or is there more?

i was looking online and it said adoption fee $125 including all shots spaying nuetering ect.is that all or is there more money that i have to pay!...
    General Dog Discussions : when it says adoption fee does that mean thats all you have to pay or is there more?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• when it says adoption fee does that mean thats all you have to pay or is there more?

when it says adoption fee does that mean thats all you have to pay or is there more? General Dog Discussions
      i was looking online and it said adoption fee $125 including all shots spaying nuetering ect.is that all or is there more money that i have to pay!

when it says adoption fee does that mean thats all you have to pay or is there more? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes. Then you will need money to take the dog to the vet within 48 hours after buying for a full checkup to make sure there is not something the rescue/shelter missed. Then you need money to feed the dog a good food, bowls, collar, leash, toys.......and a savings account for future vet bills.But before any of that happens you will need to be 21 years old and fill out an *adoption* application for a background check.

• Yes...at least as far as adopting is concerned. They should give you records of all shots, etc., that have been done, and give you a spay/neuter certificate to have the dog fixed when it's old enough, or if it's ready to fix. That is by no means all it will cost you. Besides food, etc. there is companion toys, and lots of time you need to invest in the dog so you can become it's best friend, and then there is the 'well-puppy' vet visits as well as 'sick-puppy vet visits that are sure to come, as well. But, any investment you make in your newly-adopted best friend will be worth all of whatever you invest.PapawPapaw

• If you are adoption, that fee is for the pet. It usually includes the spay or neuter, vaccinations and other vet care done at the shelter. Some do also include a vet visit at your vet after adoption. If the dog has medial issues, you will have to pay for those at your vet. While most shelters will tell you if there are know issues, things do pop up. Dogs do require training, and if that is needed you will have to pay for it. Many shelters do offer training, but you do not have to go there. You will also need food and other supplies for the new dog. So while the adoption fee is $125, there are still other costs to owning a dog.

• Yep, all you need to pay is $125 and the dog will come complete with up-to-date shots, neutered/spayed and maybe an adoption pack depending on the shelter. The shelters are always grateful of a further donation though.