i have staffie puppie and she wont stop weeing indoors she goes outside but inside more so . How do i stop her?

please help my carpet has wee marks all over it now and i cant take it anymore !!! x

i have staffie puppie and she wont stop weeing indoors she goes outside but inside more so . How do i stop her?

please help my carpet has wee marks all over it now and i cant take it anymore !!! x...
    General Dog Discussions : i have staffie puppie and she wont stop weeing indoors she goes outside but inside more so . How do i stop her?...

• i have staffie puppie and she wont stop weeing indoors she goes outside but inside more so . How do i stop her?

i have staffie puppie and she wont stop weeing indoors she goes outside but inside more so . How do i stop her? General Dog Discussions
      please help my carpet has wee marks all over it now and i cant take it anymore !!! x

i have staffie puppie and she wont stop weeing indoors she goes outside but inside more so . How do i stop her? General Dog Discussions
    • take her our every hour and don't bring her in until she wees, when she does praise her and take her inside. what ever you do don't get mad at her for going indoors, rewarding a dog does much better than disciplining a dog when it comes to training.

• Firstly how old is she? Cause it is usually about 4 months when a pup can recognise the feeling of needing to wee and can hold it for any length of time.I couldnt advocate crate training enough, it really makes house breaking a lot easier, this is because dogs generally dont go near to where they sleep. Keep her in there at night, wake up early and let her straight out, dont let her stop and sniff in the house. Then when it comes to feeding time, feed her in the crate, leave her in there for about a hour, then straight out again. It really does work. The one thing I will say is though never use the crate as a means of punishment, only associate it with good things.

• totally ignore the comment about sticking her nose in it. this was something people used to do 20 years ago before things moved on and more humane and effective ways evolved. this factsheet from the blue cross is very good. House-training an adult dogThrough no fault of their own, some pet dogs reach adulthood without being fully house trained. Fortunately, with time and patience, it is possible to establish new habits and teach your dog to stay clean in the house.Not all dogs are house trainedAlthough it is quite easy to house train a puppy, things can and do go wrong with this process if not carried out correctly. With some dogs, it may not have been attempted at all if, for example, they were kennelled outside. Consequently, some pet dogs reach adulthood having not been fully house trained. Luckily, in most cases, it is a simple matter to house train an adult dog and new habits can be established quickly. However, it does require time and patience, and a dedicated owner determined to succeed. How long it takes depends on:how well the owner keeps to the routine how quickly the dog learns how old your dog is what experience your dog has had in the past Other reasons for not being clean in the houseAs well as not being house trained, there are many other reasons why a dog will go to the toilet in the house. Some of these are:stress and tension in the household anxiety about being left alone territory marking Symptoms of lack of house trainingUsually just a few areas in the house are used as the toilet. These are usually near the exit or entry points of the rooms used and the dog will return to these sites again and again.Some dogs may urinate and defecate in the house, or urinate in the house only and defecate outside, while others will defecate in the house but not urinate. Usually, but not always, the dog will sneak away to go to the toilet, rather than go in front of humans. The dog may do this at any time, not just when left alone in the house.Even after a walk, the dog may come back to the house and go to the toilet.What to doBefore starting the new routineCarefully clean all areas your dog has previously soiled using a warm solution of biological washing powder (for example, a teaspoon of powder dissolved in a cup of warm water) or a specially formulated product from your vet, which will remove all traces of the smell from your house.Every dayWhen you first wake up, last thing at night and every hour during the day, take your dog outside to a place in your garden that you have chosen and let your dog walk up and down or run about and sniff the area (both exercise and sniffing helps stimulate elimination).Put soiled newspaper or faeces in this area so that the smell tells your dog where to go next time. Stay out with your dog and patiently walk up and down for at least five minutes. If your dog starts to go to the toilet, give praise. It is important that, for the first two weeks, there is constant supervision so that your dog cannot go to the toilet in the house.During the times that you cannot supervise your dog or when you go to sleep, confine the dog to bed. You need to find a suitable way to do this, either by restricting them to bed with a barrier, or investing in an indoor kennel. A dog will become accustomed to this, without making a noise or trying to break out, when left there for short periods of time.Few dogs soil their own bed and, if confined to bed, they are unlikely to relieve themselves. Although it is unfair to confine them for long periods, this does provide a way of preventing them from soiling the house for short periods when you cannot supervise. This avoids perpetuating bad habits at times when you need to concentrate on other things.Between trips to the garden, supervise your dog continually when in the house. This means keeping your dog in view at all times and being aware of what the dog is doing. When unable to supervise, confine them to bed, but do not leave your dog there for long periods of time.When you see your dog about to toilet in the houseIf about to go to the toilet indoors, take your dog immediately to your chosen place in the garden and praise the dog by giving a food treat or a game with a favourite toy. It is essential your dog associates going to that place with a reward. Catching in time means your dog will still need to go. Wait until the dog has performed and praise well.When you find a puddle or messDo not punish your dog for any “accidents” discovered too late. It may make you feel better but it is most unpleasant for your dog and ultimately does not teach anything. Consider that these accidents are now your fault rather than the dog’s since you were not supervising closely enough.You need to continue with this routine for at least two weeks. During this time, your dog learns about getting praise for going to the toilet outside and, since there is n

• You don't give an age so ...Rule of Thumb: You puppy can hold it for 1 hour longer than it is in age(months); i.e.; 3 months, 4 hours.Please steam clean your carpet using Rug Doctor's Pet Odor and Spot Remover. Then use White Vinegar to clean any further accidents.Please read:http://www.dogstardaily.com-train-aftIt's a FREE download that you should find very helpful!!!

• As others have pointed out, with no age listed, it makes it a little more difficult to give advice... But as someone else said, take her age and add one to determine how long she can go without using the bathroom.You need to take her outside within the time frame and stand there with her until she uses the bathroom... Praise her before taking her back inside when she does and give her a treat.If she has an accident on the rug, simply clean it up and ignore her for the next several minutes (About 10 minutes should be fine), not giving her any positive or negative attention... The same goes for any kind of bad behavior as well. If she starts barking or behaving in a manner that isn't okay, you ignore her until she stops and praise her and give her attention when she does.You could also spend a few dollars on puppy training pads... When it's time for her to use the bathroom, take her to them until she goes (Or if there's a certain area that she usually relieves herself in, which was the case with my dog, put them there) and when she pees on them, again, praise her. They work and it'll give her a place to use the bathroom when you can't take her outside and if she's young, she'll likely need it.. Slowly move the pad(s) toward the door and then stop putting them down... She'll become used to peeing on the pads and once they're gone, she'll have no other option but outside when you take her. Just make sure that you give her plenty of praise when she pees in the right place and don't give her any when she pees on the carpet.