how much do it cost to give a dog there shots?

i am thinking about getting a dog/puppy.

i am thinking about getting a dog/puppy....
    General Dog Discussions : how much do it cost to give a dog there shots?...

• how much do it cost to give a dog there shots?

how much do it cost to give a dog there shots? General Dog Discussions
      i am thinking about getting a dog/puppy.

how much do it cost to give a dog there shots? General Dog Discussions
    • The first appointment is usually more because the vet does an exam. The boosters are less expensive because a tech does them. The first check up for me was about $150 because of the vet exam, stool sample and worm meds, and the second was about $80.

• Short answer: If you're worried about how much vaccines are, you can't afford a dog.Long answer: If you give vaccines yourself, $20 or so for the series. However, I do not recommend this if you do not have experience with veterinary work and if you don't have epinephrine on hand. At a vet clinic, expect to pay between $40 and $150 every few weeks for vaccinations and the office fee while the puppy is receiving his puppy series of vaccinations, then the same charge yearly. Current protocols recommend vaccinating every three years AFTER the puppy series is done, but many vet clinics, boarding facilities, and training classes still require proof of yearly vaccinations.Care expenses for a dog add up quickly. Quality dog food is at least $40 for a 30-lb bag. Safe toys and treats are expensive. Depending on the dog's breed, you will need to pay for professional grooming or invest in the tools to do it yourself. This can be as simple as a grooming glove or curry comb for a short-coated breed, or as complicated as several different combs, brushes, and rakes plus a forced-air dryer specifically for dogs for other breeds. You will need to pay license fees in your community. You will probably want to spay/neuter your pet, which runs in the vicinity of $100 - $500 depending on where you live and the size of the animal. You will want to go to at least a few months of training classes to assure your new pet and you are working well together toward obedience. You will need to replace items that your puppy chews. You will need to purchase a safe crate to confine the puppy in when you cannot watch it-- $20 - $150 for that, too.Add in unforeseen costs like emergency vet bills (most puppies will need at least one emergency visit before one year of age-- usually due to something they ate) and you should have the means to pay for this care. If you would have to deny your pet veterinary care due to cost, reconsider owning a pet.Dogs are expensive. Purchase price is a mere fraction of the expenses. Costs vary widely for all aspects of care, but plan at least a few thousand a year for non-emegency essentials.

• in england where i live about £30 for its first injections to go for walks and stuff round about £30 thats how much it cost for my dog to have hers it just depends on the vet u go to good luck i hope u get one happy new year xx

• You should really look around and see what your options are. There are some places where shots are expensive (ranges from $50-$80 with included vet exam) or some are inexpensive (ranges from $20-$30). I would try to search for shots for people who have lower income. I go to a vet health clinic that gives low-cost services to people who cannot afford shots, heartworm tests and other medications needed for a healthy puppy (dewormer, heartworm preventatives, etc.). I looked them up carefully, and they are very reputable. I end up paying $30 for the shots they need, and they also supply free heartworm preventatives for puppies below 5 months. I've been going there for more than a year now, and they have been a wonderful service that I fully support. I live in TX, and so, if you do too, then I definitely could help you find them.I usually find my vets through reviews written about them, and I carefully take caution of bad reviews because those I believe are the most honest (some are just plain silly, though). Maybe you can try "yelp.com" and see what you can find.