My Dog keeps gagging up foam?

A couples times a day for the last couple of days, my Pitbull puppy (1 yr old) has been gagging up this white foam. It doesnt seem to be related to him eating or drinking. I saw another answer on here that said it might me chronic…

A couples times a day for the last couple of days, my Pitbull puppy (1 yr old) has been gagging up this white foam. It doesnt seem to be related to him eating or drinking. I saw another answer on here that said it might me chronic…...
    General Dog Discussions : My Dog keeps gagging up foam?...

• My Dog keeps gagging up foam?

My Dog keeps gagging up foam? General Dog Discussions
      A couples times a day for the last couple of days, my Pitbull puppy (1 yr old) has been gagging up this white foam. It doesnt seem to be related to him eating or drinking. I saw another answer on here that said it might me chronic tracheitis/tonsilitis... is that serious? Do I need to take him to the vet or is there something I can do for him? Otherwise he seems to be ok.

My Dog keeps gagging up foam? General Dog Discussions
    • anything with the trachea is serious. 2 weeks ago my dogs trachea collapsed and she died from that. so you better get off the internet and get her to a vet. don't play guessing games just take care of her.

• I would keep a good eye on him for a day or two, tops. If it doesn't stop, I would take him in for a check up. It could be the food or it could be something that you're cleaning with that he's been licking and you haven't noticed? I heard that, if you wash your floors with Swiffer Wet Jet, it can be very harmful to animals and young children. They lick thier paws and gets into thier systems. (poor wee guys!!) and so it could be something your cleaning with. Hopefully not, but it's a heads up anyways..Good luck to you and your pooch!!:o)

• I had a dog that did this and had parvo... She had to be put to sleep. I HOPE that this is not the case... Take him to the vet immediately, just to be sure. I really really hope I am wrong about that. Good luck.

• Emily, vomiting is a common problem in dogs and is by no means normal. There is hardly a disease in veterinary textbooks that does not mention vomiting as one of the symptoms. The white foam is normal and means the stomach is empty. I guess your dog's appetite is reduced as well. Sometimes the fluid/foam can look yellow or greenish. Red or black color would indicate blood. Diarrhea may develop as well depending how much of the gastro-intestinal tract is affected.A couple of times is not too bad, so I think you can safely wait and observe for another 24-48 hours. Don't feed your dog for at least 24 hours even if he demands food. He may have water, though. After this boil some rice and chicken and offer very small amounts 4-6 times a day until your dog has completely recovered. Then switch back to his normal food.If things don't go smoothly and you are worried, by all means take him to your veterimarian and have him checked out. I promise your money will be wisely invested. As I mentioned above, vomiting can have a lot of reasons. In your case, however, it may have been just a rotten piece of pizza your dog picked up on his last walk.By the way, your dog does not have chronic tracheitis but his tonsils may play a role.