what animal can u make a little extra cash from breeding if ur not made of alot of money?

just want extra cash and want to know the best animal/s to breed

what animal can u make a little extra cash from breeding if ur not made of alot of money?

just want extra cash and want to know the best animal/s to breed...
    General Dog Discussions : what animal can u make a little extra cash from breeding if ur not made of alot of money?...

• what animal can u make a little extra cash from breeding if ur not made of alot of money?

what animal can u make a little extra cash from breeding if ur not made of alot of money? General Dog Discussions
      just want extra cash and want to know the best animal/s to breed

what animal can u make a little extra cash from breeding if ur not made of alot of money? General Dog Discussions
    • I breed rabbits.... There babies sale for about $20 but the rabbits dont require clean hold feed repeat youll need a strong stomachand must have a outlet or a way to sale them just posting them on line doesnt work

• I have bred budgies before which was very easy to do if you were looking for something that was easy. Alot of other animals are difficult to breed because you need to do alot of helping out. Guinea pigs also breed very independently. Budgies need only a sizeable cage and nesting box for a male and female to breed. The only problem with breeding guinea pigs is that you would need two cages so that you could seperate the male and female after they had mated. If I were you I would chose budgies. Virtually nothing you need to do for them but provide the nesting box in spring and give them extra food. But make sure you take good care of them or your efforts will be fruitless. Hopefully you are going to breed these animals hoping for money but also because you are interested in breeding. Not everything is about money. Good luck!

• Unless you are a certified breeder with pure bread animals you won't make any money from it. It will cost more to feed them and bring them to the vet then you will make. (I'm speaking about cats and dogs) I don't know about rodents.

• Breeding animals for money & not for the love of creating a new puppy to be loved as a pet is just cruel. Breeders usually do there job as a life long passion, not as a gimmic to make money. You cant just buy two dogs, have them mate and sell them with out a licences. You need to be trained to do so or its considerd illegal.

• None, this has bad idea written all over it. Breeding animals is not a get-rich-quick scheme. The animals that sell for "real" money are expensive and very time consuming. They need vaccinations, paperwork, vet visits, all that nonsense or no one will want to buy them from you. If you do the math it's not worth the hassle unless you plan to go larger scale and become a serious kennel, that sort of thing. The animals that are cheap to breed like mice and hamsters are not worth much money at all. Usually you're lucky if you can find people to give them to for free, unless you happen to know a lot of people that own snakes...So in my opinion it would be less hassle for you to just go get a job. Or a second job if your job isn't making enough money.

• None... No animal should be bread for the money. Reputable dog breeders do not do it for money alone. It their passion and their drive to keep these beautiful animals the way they were meant to be... Pure

• None, You don't make money breeding animals. Animals need veterinary care, proper nutrition and housing to breed and produce healthy offspring. The old adage, you have to spend money to make it is quite true. Good breeders don't make money off their animals, the money pays for their veterinary care and other animal related bills!! The costs of breeding animals is usually more than a profit. One major vet bill could bankrupt you. Do us all a favor and just get a second job and work for your money instead of turning into a back yard breeder.

• People who are breeding animals strictly for money are called Back Yard Breeders (BYB) and have no business getting involved. It cost a lot of money to breed healthy animals and not taking these precautions ensures that someone will end up suing you for a sick animal, which costs more in the long run. Besides breeding animals for money only contributes to the overpopulation of animals who end up in animal shelters because of not spaying/neutering your offspring before selling them. BYB are only interested in the money and not the welfare of the animal nor preserving the integrity of the breed of the animal. Additionally, BYB's don't understand when an animal should no longer continue to be bred so females sometimes are bred to the point where their uterus blows out. I've seen this all too often and it's terrible because this is animal cruelty. Please find another hobby which is more suitable to make small money rather than use a living, breathing animal who can feel suffering and love just like humans.

• You should not breed any animal "just for a little extra cash" even breeding a stupid fish has expenses that can far out wiegh anything you may have made off a litter of babies. Breeding is for people who have the knowledge and funds to better the breed what ever the animal is!!!!!!!! Leave the breeding to people who really care about the animals not just money!!!!

• First off, you're in it for the wrong reasons to begin with. Second off, definitely not a dog or cat as hundreds of thousands of them are killed every year by shelters because of dumb people who don't have them fixed. Then they're ground up and made into food for your pure-bred dogs and cats (don't believe me? Read the book Food Pets Die For)... Not sure what you should breed, but definitely not yourself.

• I am glad you asked. I also hope a LOT of people read this question. Forgive me if I sound “preachy” but I have known too many people who have done just what you are describing. If you are serious about becoming a respectable breeder and devoting the time, energy, & financial resources required, then I would encourage you to do it… but what you described did not give that impression.The truth is there are *NO* animals that you can buy and breed and make a profit on as a spare cash deal. Either you make it a serious interest and invest the financial resources it takes to buy, breed, raise, advertise, etc ... or you will go in the hole &/or breed a bunch of animals that will suffer. It does not matter if you go into mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, rodents, etc. You will lose cash and the animals will suffer. More exotic animals (various reptiles, etc) can be a great financial turn around... however the basic care is really expensive and there is often a lot of loss involved before even a serious hobbyist learns the ropes. If you are thinking of going into cats/dogs; try spending a day or two volunteering in a shelter and witness what happens. Even pure bred animals are executed. For more advice on this, visit any of the AKC, or breed specific club sites - they will warn against it too b/c there are several disorders that crop up when the hobby breeder breeds for "spare change" or because "My dog is just so great it deserves to have puppies" or for the experience, etc.If you are not able to afford the financial investment of proper lighting, quality vet care, specialized feed & supplements, sufficient living space, or you can’t spare the time to invest in daily maintenance, grooming, socialization, training, etc…. you should not get a pet much less breed it. Being a pet owner is a serious investment and should not be seen as a money making venture. You should also be very dedicated to the specific species/breed of animal that you are planning to be a breeder of, if you have any hope of being successful.