Vet appointment for puppy with no insurance?

One of the requirements for flying pets is a vet's certificate of health. If a dog has had vaccinations when younger, but her owner has no insurance now, about how much will it cost to get her ready for flight? In South Carolina, if that helps

One of the requirements for flying pets is a vet's certificate of health. If a dog has had vaccinations when younger, but her owner has no insurance now, about how much will it cost to get her ready for flight? In South Carolina, if that helps...
    General Dog Discussions : Vet appointment for puppy with no insurance?...

• Vet appointment for puppy with no insurance?

Vet appointment for puppy with no insurance? General Dog Discussions
      One of the requirements for flying pets is a vet's certificate of health. If a dog has had vaccinations when younger, but her owner has no insurance now, about how much will it cost to get her ready for flight? In South Carolina, if that helps

Vet appointment for puppy with no insurance? General Dog Discussions
    • u dont need insurance to get ur puppy a checkup with the vet...u just phone vet for appointment for checkup and tell them it because he flying and they give him checkup and give u certificate he is good or not

• that is going to vary widelyand even though you live in SC... we don't know if you are trying to fly to somewhere else in US or to another countryIf this is the US, then you need an "annual visit" level of vet-check as well as up-to-date shots.... prices will vary widely... if this was done at my vet, the cost would be @ $175... there is another vet in the area that would charge 2 times that amountfor example, if you are trying to fly the dog to Australia... then you have an entire 18 months of vetting protocol you must follow... a friend of mine had to delay her move to Australia just to complete the vetting.... at the cheapest vet she could find, the total was still nearly $2,000 just to fulfill all the vetting requirements

• That depends on which vaccinations have lapsed and are required and which other health tests the airline wants. I usually budget $100-150 for my annual vet visit including the office visit/physical exam, rabies, 5-way, and lymes booster, fecal test for intestinal parasites and blood test for lymes and heartworm.Prices may be slightly more in urban areas and on the coasts, and may be slightly less at rural/small town vets in places where the cost of living is generally lower.The best thing would be to call one or more vets in your area and get quotes for their prices on the exact services that you need.