my puppy just got really sick and i need help figuring out why?

my dog is shaking, peeing on him self, vomiting, wobbly, and unwilling to eat or drink please helpmy dog is shaking, peeing on him self, vomiting, wobbly, and unwilling to eat or drink please help but there is one problem i have absolutely no money at…

my dog is shaking, peeing on him self, vomiting, wobbly, and unwilling to eat or drink please helpmy dog is shaking, peeing on him self, vomiting, wobbly, and unwilling to eat or drink please help but there is one problem i have absolutely no money at…...
    General Dog Discussions : my puppy just got really sick and i need help figuring out why?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• my puppy just got really sick and i need help figuring out why?

my puppy just got really sick and i need help figuring out why? General Dog Discussions
      my dog is shaking, peeing on him self, vomiting, wobbly, and unwilling to eat or drink please helpmy dog is shaking, peeing on him self, vomiting, wobbly, and unwilling to eat or drink please help but there is one problem i have absolutely no money at all am very poor and cant go to vetdont know if its parvo cause no diarrhea

my puppy just got really sick and i need help figuring out why? General Dog Discussions
    • Call your vet, or any local emergency vets office and ask for their advice directly. If it's a small breed dog, it's likely hypoglycemia. Rub a bit of Karo syrup on his gums, tongue, and roof of his mouth...this will help if it's hypoglycemia. Also, if that ends up being what it is, you should pick up some nutri-cal at the pet store and keep it on hand.

• your puppy probably ate something that was a little poisonous. You need to take her to a free clinic. the puppy is in pain. Do you homework. I found that a group called, "Actors and others", will help pay the cost of a vet bill. And contacted them and helped pay for a tumor operation for my dog. Look around and very quickly or you might not have a dog.

• As with most Askers, you are wasting precious time by using your computer instead of booking in to your vet . You can also supply NOTHING like enough information.A vet can look at body condition, listen to body sounds, palpate muscles and body cavities, smell the pooch, take the body temperature. We can do NONE of those.· What breed?· What age?· How old was he when last vaccinated?· How long ago did he develop the symptoms you list?· Has he developed diarrhoea yet?· Is there any indication of partially digested blood in his vomit or diarrhoea?· Is he taking any interest in what is happening in the room?However, as he is "really sick", you should already be AT the vet's, and not using the computer until your pup has been sorted out, at which stage you tell US what his problem is.• The shaking indicates distemper. That disease has a very reliable vaccination - but all vaccines need a couple of weeks in which to "teach" the immune system what to do (if the passive immunity passed in the dam's "first milk" doesn't destroy the attenuated viruses before the active immune system has time to start working on them).• The vomiting is an early indication of a gastric problem - parvovirus is the best known, but far from the ONLY one. Naturally any dog or person with an upset stomach doesn't feel like eating - but dehydration will kill him before starvation does.• The piddling on himself indicates deep depression or inadequate muscle control to stand up to piddle.And there are correlations with tick-born problems such as Lyme Disease.If you have any brains, you will have already rung the vet . If your own vet is closed you need the emergency vet. GET RINGING, and then get to the vet. Expect to leave your pup there for at least 3 days, being fed & rehydrated and given antibiotics by IV. Make the effort to visit him there at least once each day.• Add http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/The_GSD_Source to your browser's Bookmarks or Favorites so that you can easily look up such as rescue groups, feeding, vaccinations, worming, clubs, weights, teething, neutering, disorders, genetics.• To ask about your pet's breed, join some of the YahooGroups dedicated to various aspects of living with them. Each group's Home page tells you which aspects they like to discuss, and how active they are. Unlike YA, they are set up so that you can have an ongoing discussion with follow-up questions for clarification. Most allow you to include photos in your messages.Les P, owner of GSD_Friendly: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/GSD_Friendly"In GSDs" as of 1967