Which one that best of this for shot my puppy?

Some:* Lyme * RabiesOrAll:* Exam* Dhlppc* Lyme* Rabies* Bordatella* Fecal* ComboMy Vet say that have to all of this 7 lists for shot that my puppy only for 8 months and be first time that she have to used all 7 lists for shot.

Some:* Lyme * RabiesOrAll:* Exam* Dhlppc* Lyme* Rabies* Bordatella* Fecal* ComboMy Vet say that have to all of this 7 lists for shot that my puppy only for 8 months and be first time that she have to used all 7 lists for shot....
    General Dog Discussions : Which one that best of this for shot my puppy?...

• Which one that best of this for shot my puppy?

Which one that best of this for shot my puppy? General Dog Discussions
      Some:* Lyme * RabiesOrAll:* Exam* Dhlppc* Lyme* Rabies* Bordatella* Fecal* ComboMy Vet say that have to all of this 7 lists for shot that my puppy only for 8 months and be first time that she have to used all 7 lists for shot.

Which one that best of this for shot my puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • You need to do all.Your Vet knows best and far more than any of us who are going to answer you here.Most of the vaccines are in 1 shot. It's not that big of a deal.You want a healthy puppy? Follow your Vet's advise.Good luck.

• You should get a rabies shot no matter what. Then it really depends on what you want. If you plan to board your puppy often, if your puppy is frequently around other dogs, or if he is going to be in a kennel, groomed, or neutered (or spayed? is it a girl?) then you'll want to get whatever they recommend. If you're going to get your puppy neutered, get the shots as the same place that's going to do the neutering...or you'll end up getting things you don't need from your vet.

• I would do the list of 7. I have already done most of them with my puppy and she is about 6 months old. I just think it's better to be safe then sorry. And since she is a puppy you want to build up her immune system to those different things. So my advice would be to go with your vet. Hope this helps!

• Unless there is a shot clinic offered by a local pet store, you will need to pay for a doctor's viisit or exam. Rabies is generally a legal requirement, and you definitely want it. Hydrophobia is the old name, and it kills. Lyme is very serious in some areas and is spreading, so I m guessing that is why the vet told you to get these two first, if you couldn't get all of them at once.dhlppc is a combination shot, and the combo might be either a combination shot with more than dhlppc, or it might be a lower price for getting several shots at the same time. Ask what a combo is.Bortadella is common in kennels, places where a large number of dogs are close together. I think it's a virus.Fecal is where you take in a poop sample to be checked for worms.You really do want all those shots, and it's also important to get flea medicine. Fleas carry disease.Good luck!You might want to check around in bookstores or on amazon.com or other online used books for a copy of "Dr. Pitcairn's Natural Health for Dogs and Cats." That would give more detail on common shots.

• Some of the things on your list are not shots. The exam and Fecal test will be done either way. The exam is just you vet looking the dog over to make sure that he is alright and has no visible problems. The fecal test is to check for worms and he will most likely do a wormer before the fecal test. The DHLPPC is a 6 in 1 combo shot. You can read more about it here http://www.genitoanimalhospital.com/articles/dhlppc_vaccine_what_is_it.htm Rabies is necessary but cannot be done until your dog is 12 weeks old in some states here they do it when you booster your other shots. Bordatella is a good thing to have if your dog will be exposed to other dogs. It is necessary if you will be boarding grooming or doing training classes. Lyme is optional depending on where you live and if your dog will be outside or not. You can discuss it with your vet. And I'm not sure what you mean by combo.Most of these shot will be done at 8 weeks and then you will go back in at 12 weeks for boosters. The booster are just as important as the initial shots so do not skip them.

• I'm sorry, I don't understand your question at all. Are you saying that your vet is giving you the option between....what exactly? Before receiving any shot of any kind your veterinarian will HAVE to do an exam to make sure that your dog is healthy enough for a shot. So the exam will not be optional no matter what vet you go to. Rabies is required by law, so there's no getting around that one either. DHLPPC is a combination vaccine that protects your dog against Distemper, Hepititis, Leptospirosis, Parvo virus, Parainfluenza, and Corona virus, the most common contagious diseases in dogs. Lepto is in the environment and both dogs and humans can get it by drinking or swimming in infected water or coming into contact with urine from infected animals. Distemper is a deadly virus and while it is no longer an epidemic disease in dogs it IS still out there (we had a ferret test positive for canine distemper earlier this year) and can be carried by several species other than dogs including wildlife that is common even in urban areas. Parvo virus is still VERY common and possibly the number one killer of puppies that are not vaccinated. No responsible vet would ever recommend not vaccinating against parvo.Lyme and bordatella should both be decided based on your dog's risk factors. Bordatella is highly recommended if your dog has any chance of coming into nose-to-nose contact with other dogs and will probably be required if your dog is going to be boarded, groomed, or go to training classes. Bordatella is commonly called kennel cough and is probably the most common contagious diseases in dogs. Lyme vaccine is recommended if your dog goes camping, travels in areas where lyme disease is endemic, or goes walking in areas where ticks are common. Otherwise, your dog's risk factors for this disease are pretty limited and the vaccine isn't really necessary.A fecal is highly advised for all puppies since not all parasites respond to the most commonly used deworming medications and they can pick up these parasites anywhere. Because intestinal parasites shed eggs intermittently, it is possible for an infested dog to not have any signs of parasites in the feces. Because of this, most vets recommend seeing three negative fecals when you first bring a dog home (puppy or adult) and then annually thereafter. However, if your dog is on year-round heartworm preventative some vets don't really insist on the yearly fecal because most heartworm preventatives also protect against the most common intestinal parasites as well.I have no idea what a "combo" is. As I already stated, the DHLPPC is a combo shot, since it protects against a combination of diseases. Beyond that I couldn't even guess what it might be.Honestly, if you're only going to do one or two vaccines, it should be rabies (as required by law) and the DHLPPC. But if your dog is at risk for the other diseases, then you should also get the other vaccines as well.

• As your question is worded rather strangely I can only tell you: firstly fecal is not a shot it is a test of the stool for intestinal parasites.Combo would be a heartworm combination test that tests for heartworm and lyme disease using a few drops of blood.You do not have a choice on whether to get a rabies shot as it is required by law. Bordatella is the kennel cough vaccine.DHLPPC is a five way distemper combination which includes hepititis,leptospirosispara-influenzaa, parvo and corona virus.These are all viruses that you can google to find out whether your dog may be at risk for them and will help you decide whether or not to have she needs the vaccines or not. Most veterinarians will not give any shots without some kind of physical examination as they could be sued if the dog isnt in good health before they start blasting away with vaccines.Hope I have given you some answers you can use.

• The main ones to get are distemper,parvo,hepatitis and rabies.These are called the "core" vaccines,as these diseases are either very common or are very dangerous.There are other vaccines which depend on where you live,and what your dog does - for instance a dog that lives on a farm and catches rats would need a vaccination for leptospirosis,but a dog that lives in a spotless apartment would not. If you live where there are a lot of deer ticks,then a Lyme disease vaccine would be wise,but if you live in the city and never see a tick,it isn't necessary. All vaccines are not safe and not all vaccines are needed. ultimately,it is up to you and your vet to discuss which shots your dog needs.http://www.thepetcenter.com/exa/vac.html