My dog is seven months and having seizures?

Can anyone help my chihuahua is seven months old have he has a seizure it last 10 20 second then gets up and plays like nothing happened then throws up later its been happening for two days 1st day he had 3 of then 2nd night 1 what's going on its hard to…

Can anyone help my chihuahua is seven months old have he has a seizure it last 10 20 second then gets up and plays like nothing happened then throws up later its been happening for two days 1st day he had 3 of then 2nd night 1 what's going on its hard to…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog is seven months and having seizures?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dog is seven months and having seizures?

My dog is seven months and having seizures? General Dog Discussions
      Can anyone help my chihuahua is seven months old have he has a seizure it last 10 20 second then gets up and plays like nothing happened then throws up later its been happening for two days 1st day he had 3 of then 2nd night 1 what's going on its hard to find a cheap vet or free one in tucson az can anyone send me info about all this stuff thanks god bless u

My dog is seven months and having seizures? General Dog Discussions
    • There are a number of reasons why your puppy could be having seizures- none of which anyone here can answer. Your best bet is to get him seen by a veterinarian. If money is an issue, try contacting the humane society or inquiring about CareCredit through certain hospitals. Seizures are not something to try and handle at home.

• If you don't find some way to afford treatment, the seizures will continue and with every one your dogs brain is affected. Call a vet and ask how to find financial help, but please get that little guy some help. Seizures cannot effectively be treated at home without any medication.

• There are various reasons why your puppy might be getting seizures. Just because he is having seizures, it doesn't necessarily mean that he has epilepsy. The only real way to know what is causing his seizures is to take him to a veterinarian. Since there is no real test to determine whether or not your dog has epilepsy, they have to do process of elimination. They will test for:* Brain tumor, Head injury* Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever* Distemper* Environment - toxins* hyper' and 'hypo' Conditions Hyperglycemia Hypoglycemia Hypoxia or Hypoxia Hepatic Encephalopathy or Liver Disease Renal (kidney) disease Hyperglycemia* Gastrointestinal disease ("garbage" poisoning)* Tick Bites*Toxoplamosis (Toxo)* Lissencephay If he does not have any of these diseases or illnesses, then they will decide that he may, in fact, have epilepsy.It seems that the testing to find the problem for your dog may be quite costly. Try to see if you can get information for a cheap vet in your area. Maybe you could ask friends and family who they take their animals to and perhaps call your humane society for suggestions.GOOD LUCK!!