i got a rottweiler who is about nearly 1 1/2 months can i take her for a walk?

And when shall i start with her training classes our trainer says he ll start when my dog is 5months old is it that right time to start with the training or should i start even earlier than 5months ??

And when shall i start with her training classes our trainer says he ll start when my dog is 5months old is it that right time to start with the training or should i start even earlier than 5months ??...
    General Dog Discussions : i got a rottweiler who is about nearly 1 1/2 months can i take her for a walk?...

• i got a rottweiler who is about nearly 1 1/2 months can i take her for a walk?

i got a rottweiler who is about nearly 1 1/2 months can i take her for a walk? General Dog Discussions
      And when shall i start with her training classes our trainer says he ll start when my dog is 5months old is it that right time to start with the training or should i start even earlier than 5months ??

i got a rottweiler who is about nearly 1 1/2 months can i take her for a walk? General Dog Discussions
    • Wow, that pup is way too young to leave it's mama and siblings - 6 weeks old? You shouldn't walk your pup anywhere until it has had at least three sets of shots. I wait until they have had their 3rd set of shots at 12 weeks of age. Here is a schedule for vaccinating your dog. http://www.petmd.com/dog/puppycenter/health/evr_vaccines_and_your_puppy The Lyme vaccine (mentioned on this website) will depend on which part of the country you live in, it is optional. If you do a search on Yahoo Answers and type in the word Parvo, you will see tons of sad stories about people who have lost their pups to Parvo-virus. It isn't worth chancing it. Call your Vet and get your puppy immunized. Once she is 12 weeks old and has had all of her shots, she can take walks. There is no reason not to get her used to a collar and leash inside the home before that. The rule of thumb for walking a pup is 5 minutes for every month of age. So, when your pup is 3 months old, that equals a 15 minute walk. I usually start puppy training class at 4 months of age.