I think my doggie is sick?

My one year old mini aussie/terrier mix (small 13 pounder) seems to be ill. She is normally very playful and now her nose is warm and dry. She has had all of her shots. She is just sleeping and not very playful. What could it be?

My one year old mini aussie/terrier mix (small 13 pounder) seems to be ill. She is normally very playful and now her nose is warm and dry. She has had all of her shots. She is just sleeping and not very playful. What could it be?...
    General Dog Discussions : I think my doggie is sick?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think my doggie is sick?

I think my doggie is sick? General Dog Discussions
      My one year old mini aussie/terrier mix (small 13 pounder) seems to be ill. She is normally very playful and now her nose is warm and dry. She has had all of her shots. She is just sleeping and not very playful. What could it be?

I think my doggie is sick? General Dog Discussions
    • it's a common misconception that warm and dry nose means sick......my older dog's nose is often warm and dry and she's fine. anyways if she's not acting normally...i'd just watch it. If it continues for more than 2 days I'd visit the vet. but she could just have an upset stomach or be abnormally tired. there could be a number of reasons why she'd be acting strange....

• Puppies will start going through growing phases and sometimes end up sleeping more than usual.Now if your puppy has discharge in their eyes/nose, high temperature, not eating, or had diharea then she is sick.Sounds to me like she is just growing. BUT if this persists after a while I would take her in to get evaluated. They would probably want to do a fecal test and a blood analysis.Unless your dog has been bit by a tick lately [check for ticks], I highly doubt that the dog has lyme disease as someone suggested.The issue you are going to run into here is many people are going to think they know about animals because they own them. I would call your local vet, tell them what you think is wrong, inform them of her eating habits, how her stool is, and if she has any discharge. To me though it sounds like shes acting like a normal puppy.Edit : the person that said you know when your dog is not acting themselves...Your dog is a puppy. Puppies grow. Its a fact a life. Now if your puppy was vomiting, had diarrhea, etc, then I would say you have an issue on your hands. Your puppy is simply sleeping more, and like any GROWING CHILD, including human children, when they grow they sleep. Your dog is simply growing. Until you start seeing the signs I have talked about, I would not worry. I had a puppy that one time when I picked him up while he was sleeping, he was completely limp and I had to shake him to wake him up and it took a good amount of shaking, was there anything wrong with him? No. Did I notice he started sleeping more at that point because he was growing? Yes. You may message me if you’d like to speak more about this, considering I have the credentials to explain what may be going on.

• The nose isn't a good way to tell the health of a dog. It's an old wives tale. but if your dog is acting lethargic and not herself a vet trip is in order. better to be safe than sorry.