how many shots should a dog have?

I want to know if my dog has all his shots,so please list all of themthank youbtw i live in america,and my dog isnt a year old yet.He's a bichon frise.

I want to know if my dog has all his shots,so please list all of themthank youbtw i live in america,and my dog isnt a year old yet.He's a bichon frise....
    General Dog Discussions : how many shots should a dog have?...

• how many shots should a dog have?

how many shots should a dog have? General Dog Discussions
      I want to know if my dog has all his shots,so please list all of themthank youbtw i live in america,and my dog isnt a year old yet.He's a bichon frise.

how many shots should a dog have? General Dog Discussions
    • It depends on where you live. There are diseases that are prevalent in one area of the country/continent/world, but not another. For example, Lyme disease is not a problem in my area, so Kip isn't vaccinated against it.

• -Distemper-Hepatitis-Parvovirus-Parainfluenza-Bordetella BronchisepticaThe above five come in the Canvac 5 injectionOptional;-HeartwormThis is in Australia though, in America you have to have the rabies injection, and probably others as well that I don't know about :)

• It depends on if it is puppy shots or just regular yearly shots. Puppies should get a series of them and adults should get them once a year. Standard are distemper with lepto and corona, rabies, and bordetella.

• NEEDS...Distemper/parvo combo (some vets use a 5way others a 7way) puppies need to be vaccinated at 6,9,12wks then yearly.Rabies-first one at about 12wks then the following year, then every 2-3 yrs. Important to get these done in a timely fashion, if you are late (even a few days, most vets follow this pretty strict!!!)on a 3yr booster the dog will go back to a 1yr booster.OPTIONALBordetella (Kennel cough) Needs if he will be boarded & some groomers require it. 2 boosters initially, a few weeks apart, then every year, sometimes every 6mos if you are in a high risk area or your dog will be in a high risk area\GiardiaVax- This is a vaccine that protects your dog against giardia, a single celled protazoa that causes diareah. Does not give 100% immunity BUT if you will be boarding your pet or camping a lot I definately would recommend it. 2 boosters initially, about a month apart, then annually.These 4 are the most common, there are also a few others such as Lymevax (I think) that protects your pooch against Lyme disease. That would maybe be benificial depending on where you live.I would also add to the vaccine protocol a heartworm test and monthly heartworm preventative. (which would also protect against various roundworms)