Can you cross a female shih tzu with a border collie?

My female shih tzu dog maybe pregnant with border collie puppies. Can she have them without it killing her?

My female shih tzu dog maybe pregnant with border collie puppies. Can she have them without it killing her?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can you cross a female shih tzu with a border collie?...

• Can you cross a female shih tzu with a border collie?

Can you cross a female shih tzu with a border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
      My female shih tzu dog maybe pregnant with border collie puppies. Can she have them without it killing her?

Can you cross a female shih tzu with a border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Wow, doesn't get much worse than this.Right.Basic biology:Small female, mates with large male.Will puppies be:a) smallb) small/mediumc) mediumd) medium/ largee) largeAnswer?Medium/medium large/small mediumEITHER WAY, she will need an emergency spay. A c-section is not good enough, because by the time they are ready to come out, she will be dead.

• i would guess that she could have the puppies, but you might want close vet attention, those puppies won't be as small as her puppies are supposed to be, and hopefully there won't be too many of them in there.

• Hmm...this question probably should have been answered by your veterinarian when you were first suspicious that your un-spayed dog might be pregnant....right? Take your dog to the vet immediately and ask for an emergency abortion. Then, freaking spay her.

• Since your vet should be monitoring your female's pregnancy, they are the one to ask. They can do an X-ray to tell you how many puppies there are and how large. Honestly, I have to agree with everyone else. It's a little late to be asking that question. You should without a doubt have spayed your pet.

• Firstly, your Shi Tzu is not pregnant with Border Collie puppies. She is pregnant with mixed breed puppies.How did this happen?How about an emergency spay? Then you do not have to worry.

• yes she can get pregnant by a border collie and no she won't be able to deliver them safely. Best thing is to get an emergency spay since you are clearly not equipped to deal with a litter of pups if the mom dies. You can't even keep her confined during her heat.