How much does Petland pay for their dogs?

I know how much a puppy costs to buy but how much does petland pay to buy the puppies they sell? Like how much do they buy those puppies from the mills and stuff, and do they buy them with shots? Or does Petland pay for the shots?

I know how much a puppy costs to buy but how much does petland pay to buy the puppies they sell? Like how much do they buy those puppies from the mills and stuff, and do they buy them with shots? Or does Petland pay for the shots?...
    General Dog Discussions : How much does Petland pay for their dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much does Petland pay for their dogs?

How much does Petland pay for their dogs? General Dog Discussions
      I know how much a puppy costs to buy but how much does petland pay to buy the puppies they sell? Like how much do they buy those puppies from the mills and stuff, and do they buy them with shots? Or does Petland pay for the shots?

How much does Petland pay for their dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Only they know, but I'm sure they buy in bulk from large mills, so I can't imagine them paying more than $100 or so before they turn around and sell them for $1K+. it's the smaller pet stores that pay more because most of them go through brokers. As for vaccinations, I have no idea of who vaccinated them if anyone. The mills forge documents, and Petland is no better if they are willing to lie to the public about where their dogs come from

• simple answer since it seems this is simple curiosity and not a quest to buy.around 1,000 sometimes places like petland look in the newspaper and buy dogs or get free dogs from anywhere 0-450.00 they dont check the animals health they shove them into confined spaces and claim they came from "good breeders" when they come from mills.one store here can never get there stories straight out of curiosity i looked further into it read the registration papers then where the store claimed they came from and the dates of the shots and locations.1. the vet did not recall giving a full round of vacs to any one of the dogs (store claimed they did)2. nor did the vet recall having sold home vacs to the breeders (as the papers claimed)3. several came from laboratories out of state and mills4. some were bought through simple backyard breeders that charged 200 a pup no tests no vacs handed off at 5 weeks..."we sell them cheap and fast no questions asked" was on some of the websites.5. even more disturbing....one dog was from a shelter they had taken in him and a few others i found from a local shelter and were selling them for 1000....shelter would have charged 75.00 and kept them utd on shots the shop didnt...i made an A on my paper but lost a bit more of my faith in humanityadd: the dog they bought for 1000 was a special ordered dog...apparently you can ask for them to get ahold of a specific breed that is on there list and they will pay the fee for the dog and shipping in return you pay alot more...the woman that bought the dog had said she wanted an AKC Pomeranian with a CH pedigree (i dared not ask why....i had a feeling) she paid them 2,500 for a dog that had no health tests no vacs and did not meet the standards it died a few weeks later from parvo i do not know what other actions the woman took after the dog died.

• Puppy mills usually sell in bulk to agents who take orders from pet stores and ship the puppies by truck. Puppy millers get about $25 to $150 per puppy. The agents increase the prices and sell the pups to pet stores. The pet stores buy the pups for much less than the price they charge. Last time I checked, the average price paid by a pet store to an agent was about $150 per pup, on average. The profits the pet stores make, from the sales of puppies, collars, food, toys, etc, etc. more than makes up for the very low cost of the vaccinations they may give. If the pups sell right away, they may not give any vaccinations at all.Eight week old puppies, when purchased from the puppy mills, do not have all of their puppy vaccinations. There is only the (highly doubtful) word of the puppy miller that the pups had any shots at all and no way of knowing how old the vaccine given (if any) may have been. Vaccines don't last forever in a bottle. They expire.The agents take the pups they have purchased from several puppy mills to one or more warehouse locations to get the pups cleaned up (they are dirty and stinky from cage life), given a vaccine (required by law so they can be shipped), and they get an extremely brief examination (a quick look over) by a vet who must "examine" hundreds or thousands of puppies per day. Vaccinations can easily be purchased in bottles of a great many doses, making it far less expensive to vaccinate pups than you might think. Then the pups are loaded into cages in a truck and sent to the stores.If the pups stay in the pet store long enough, the employees are supposed to take care of vaccinating them. Again, vaccines are given inexpensively from large multi-dose bottles. However, some places keep vaccinations past the expiration dates but still use them, and not all employees are dependable (or honest) regarding vaccinating puppies in a busy store. Some don't know how and never learn so they don't do it but say they did. Therefore, I would never rely upon a pet store's statement that a puppy was vaccinated.After the puppy series of vaccines have been completed, a puppy needs to get its adult vaccinations.Please don't buy a puppy from a pet store.There are kitty mills, ferret mills, and just about everything else mills,now, too.