When can my puppy come into contact with other dogs?

I got a puppy on Thursday (26/02/09). She is 8 weeks old and I had her vaccinated on the Friday (27/02/09). Just wanted to know is it ok for her to be around other dogs or is it not advised until she has had all her vaccinations.Any help would be…

I got a puppy on Thursday (26/02/09). She is 8 weeks old and I had her vaccinated on the Friday (27/02/09). Just wanted to know is it ok for her to be around other dogs or is it not advised until she has had all her vaccinations.Any help would be…...
    General Dog Discussions : When can my puppy come into contact with other dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• When can my puppy come into contact with other dogs?

When can my puppy come into contact with other dogs? General Dog Discussions
      I got a puppy on Thursday (26/02/09). She is 8 weeks old and I had her vaccinated on the Friday (27/02/09). Just wanted to know is it ok for her to be around other dogs or is it not advised until she has had all her vaccinations.Any help would be appreciated.

When can my puppy come into contact with other dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • I would wait until she has had all of her vaccs. to be on the safe side. A relatives dog or another dog you already own is okay but I would stay away from other puppies for the time being and public places (dog parks) that people take their dogs. It will keep the risk of your dog developing Parvo or other ailments low. Good luck:)

• Not yet! If you are in the UK, the norm is the first set is given at around 8 weeks, with the second set 2 weeks later. Some Practices do vary, so ask. And it's wise to leave taking her out where there are other dogs, for another couple of weeks, just to make sure the vaccinations have taken. It might seem a long time to wait, but it's worth it to be sure she doesn't pick something nasty up, especially if you live/walk in a heavily populated dog area.Of course, most dogs are vaccinated these days, so the chances of you finding one who hasn't, and who might be sick, is slight, but better to be safe than sorry.ps Remember not to walk her into your vet's office, or put her down in the waiting area - sick dogs visit vets, so carry her and hold her on your lap.