What Are Behavioral Changes of A Pregnant Dog?

My 3 year old unspayed female Dachshund dog, Ashley, I am beginning to question. I'm not sure if she's pregnant although I've seen her rib cage bow out on both sides. Her abdomen however is not protruding and looks normal. I have also felt movement…

My 3 year old unspayed female Dachshund dog, Ashley, I am beginning to question. I'm not sure if she's pregnant although I've seen her rib cage bow out on both sides. Her abdomen however is not protruding and looks normal. I have also felt movement…...
    General Dog Discussions : What Are Behavioral Changes of A Pregnant Dog?...

• What Are Behavioral Changes of A Pregnant Dog?

What Are Behavioral Changes of A Pregnant Dog? General Dog Discussions
      My 3 year old unspayed female Dachshund dog, Ashley, I am beginning to question. I'm not sure if she's pregnant although I've seen her rib cage bow out on both sides. Her abdomen however is not protruding and looks normal. I have also felt movement coming from under her rib cage which makes me think it's either puppies or abnormal breathing in her lungs. Her teats also stick out more than what I consider normal. However, she can't be that late in pregnancy if she is because she's not showing enough yet. I also have felt little balls in her tummy smaller than a dime at the top of the ball. I heard one person on a website say that if she's not pregnant with a lot of puppies than it's possible she could not gain much weight. She's on the smaller side for a Standard Doxie. She also shivers a lot, hides under my bed, sleeps a lot lately, is on the lazy side even when not sleeping, and I have to stand her up. She doesn't eat much also. I'm seriously worried about her behavior changes

What Are Behavioral Changes of A Pregnant Dog? General Dog Discussions
    • You should take her to a vet. I don't agree with the type of answers that just judge you, but in this case I think you need to understand what you are committing to. If you are not willing to take her to the vet, you should spay your dog so that you won't have the expense of puppies!

• Your dog maybe having a phantom pregnancy which is similar to a pregnancy except she doesn't have the pups.....but if you really think she could be pregnant, for goodness sake, take her to a Vet just to be on the safe side for a check up and perhaps make an appointment to get her spayed in the very near future..S

• I don't understand why you think she is pregnant. First you just got her a few days ago and she was spayed, then your other doxie wouldn't have anything to do with her, now you think she is pregnant. It just doesn't add up.