could my 12 year old basset hound be pregnant she has swollen abdomen and enlarged nipples.?

Not my dog just a friend of the family!!like i said not my dog but i am happy to report she was taken to the vet who concluded with a sonagram that it is a pseudo pregnancy and the dog is scheduled to be spayed, wish i had more detail but i don't so…

could my 12 year old basset hound be pregnant she has swollen abdomen and enlarged nipples.?

Not my dog just a friend of the family!!like i said not my dog but i am happy to report she was taken to the vet who concluded with a sonagram that it is a pseudo pregnancy and the dog is scheduled to be spayed, wish i had more detail but i don't so…...
    General Dog Discussions : could my 12 year old basset hound be pregnant she has swollen abdomen and enlarged nipples.?...

• could my 12 year old basset hound be pregnant she has swollen abdomen and enlarged nipples.?

could my 12 year old basset hound be pregnant she has swollen abdomen and enlarged nipples.? General Dog Discussions
      Not my dog just a friend of the family!!like i said not my dog but i am happy to report she was taken to the vet who concluded with a sonagram that it is a pseudo pregnancy and the dog is scheduled to be spayed, wish i had more detail but i don't so thanks for all your help.

could my 12 year old basset hound be pregnant she has swollen abdomen and enlarged nipples.? General Dog Discussions
    • If she is not spayed, has been in heat and accessible to an un neutered male, then yes she could be pregnant. Please have your friend take her to the vet and checked. Giving birth to puppies at this senior age could be life threatening for both the mother and the pups.