My two week old american bull dog mix has been pooping yellow poo with white seed looking things ?

I am a first time puppy owner and want to know if this should worry me or is it normal

My two week old american bull dog mix has been pooping yellow poo with white seed looking things ?

I am a first time puppy owner and want to know if this should worry me or is it normal...
    General Dog Discussions : My two week old american bull dog mix has been pooping yellow poo with white seed looking things ?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My two week old american bull dog mix has been pooping yellow poo with white seed looking things ?

My two week old american bull dog mix has been pooping yellow poo with white seed looking things ? General Dog Discussions
      I am a first time puppy owner and want to know if this should worry me or is it normal

My two week old american bull dog mix has been pooping yellow poo with white seed looking things ? General Dog Discussions
    • go to a vet.why would a real vet be on here? if they all got on here and gave magical cure all answers they would be dirt poor. get yourself to a vet that is not normal in the least

• The "seed looking things" are more than likely eggs from worms; and there are several kinds of worms dogs can get. It is also very common for a puppy to get worms and the worm's eggs are passed through the puppy's stool. It would be a good idea to make an appointment with your Vet and take a sample of your puppy's stool along with you.

• Royal...First off...please tell me you mis-wrote his age...please tell me you meant two-MONTH old...not two-WEEK old! That's a huge difference, and if we're talking about a two-WEEK old puppy, he needs to be taken right back to his mother and litter mates IMMEDIATELY and the breeder must get him treated properly for worms. You should not separate a two-WEEK old puppy from its mother or litter mates until he is at least two-MONTHS old except in the case of an absolute emergency! As a new puppy owner I will tell you candidly that you are NOT equipped or prepared to do what is necessary for this young of a puppy to survive!IF, however, you are talking about a two-MONTH old puppy...As a first-time puppy owner, it's good to know how to start off on the best foot. Anytime you welcome a new puppy or dog into your home, one of the first things you need to be sure to do is to have him examined by your vet. This gives you and your vet an idea of his overall general health, and provides him with immediate care if an issue of concern is recognized. Your vet will check his eyes, ears, mouth/teeth/gums, heart, lungs, abdomen, joints, anal glands, skin/coat, and will often test for parasites or worms (a fecal test) and may also want to include a blood test. It also gets you started on critical puppy boosters that will help to build his little immune system to fight off very common, very contagious and what can be very deadly diseases.With what you are describing, your little guy has some issues that definitely need to be attended to by a vet. Yellow poop may or may not be a sign of a digestive tract issue...or could simply have something to do with the diet this puppy has been on. However, the "white seed" looking things you described sounds like he has worms. They often will look like grains of white rice and are excreted larvae from worms in his tummy. This is not a life-threatening issue when treated, and treatment is very common.I suggest you make that initial appointment for your puppy as soon as tomorrow to have him thoroughly checked out and started on a de-wormer...and his puppy boosters (usually 3 sets of shots 3 weeks apart beginning when the puppy is about 6 to 8 weeks old), and a single rabies shot when he is about 4 months old.With those things taken care of...or in the process of being taken care of, all will be just fine. All too often puppies are not properly treated for these things by the person selling them or giving them away, and that's why their lives get so much better when a loving owner finds them and starts off on the right foot with them.Now you know what that right foot is.Good luck!